“Some myLotters CHOOSE People Whom to RESPOND: Are You One of Them?”

It seems the old issue keeps turning upside down for some mylotters who only choose to respond in his or her posted discussions. Personally, I don’t mind at all. The concern is like having a racial discrimination and most of you can feel this. I had experienced this scenario for a couple of times. As I have said, I don’t mind at all. As long as, it is not a below the belt attacks and questioning my credibility. Personally, I do respond to all the comments who had given by our fellow myLotters. It is my way of showing gratefulness that he or she had read my posted discussions. Some members claimed it is so annoying. “Is it an alibi to cover up something?” I am just speaking up my personal opinion. “How about you, guys?” “Do you tend not to comment on such reason?” Image Credit: Shavkat
@sol_cee (14387)
• Japan
I think not commenting at all is better than commenting stupid things for the sake of commenting.
It is a sign of mediocrity to respond to irrelevant comments. I do agree on that.
@sol_cee I fully agree with you.
I have realized that too, because there are times when the comment is very hard to decipher.
I try to respond to all.
I also do the same thing, my friend.
That is good andria.
@prashu228 (25820)
No i am not , i go with the discussions and its fun, we learn a lot too..
I do agree with that. However, some people are not that keen to observe.
@Sreekala (22720)
I fail only if I do not get a notification.
@Sreekala I also do have the same situations. Sometimes I checked my previous discussions, especially if the notifications were being deleted. Mylot usually deleted them on a weekly basis. At that time, I am in absence for more than a week.
I respond to all comments on my posts unless it is irrelevant like "nice post" or something like that, those I just delete.
I agree with that. Some mylotters respond such common phrases. I tend to understand their way of responding and they need to be sensitive enough that it should be relevant to a posted discussion.
@cintol (5486)
I respond to the comments on posts and it has nothing to do with discrimination toward anyone. If I read a comment and it doesn't need a comment because there really isn't anything to comment on, then I don't but has nothing else to do with it.
@sol_cee (14387)
• Japan
I agree. I don't even know other people's nationality or skin color here, based on their usernames.
I hope racial discrimination is not an issue. In real-life situations, it does still exist. I do agree with you that it doesn't need to respond to spam comments.
@cintol (5486)
@Shavkat I don't think it really has a place here, there are so many from other countries, thats what makes this site so good..
@JustBhem (33023)
• Davao, Philippines
I know some members here don't like to interact with me because of the way how they respond to my comments and opinion. And I can only name a few who are very interactive when it comes to conversing. And yes, they are annoying and believe in the saying "We cannot please anyone here."
I do agree with that. Some of these people blocked me. They can't handle what is running through my mind. The worst part, some of them are control freak. They just wanted to hear what it should be.
@JustBhem (33023)
• Davao, Philippines
@Shavkat Oh, yes. There are a lot of people like that here. But I don't get them in my way.
@JustBhem Same here. This particular young lady tried to control my opinion about something. We did a clash and loud in her discussions. Even if I cannot hear her says things, through her writings, you can tell her dominating attitude.
@1hopefulman (27539)
I think that if we would try to answer to every discussion there would not be enough time. Since we can only be here a bit each day than I choose and pick here and there. However, I eventually respond to every comment on my discussions and try to respond on one of their discussions. Some people post like 30 discussions a day. I can't keep up.
I must admit that I was that person who posts a lot of discussions before. Since I don't have enough time to do it. Moreover, I tried to reply if the members had their comments in my discussions.
@1hopefulman (27539)
@Shavkat So, it is better to do what we can and enjoy it. Sitting all day in front of the computer is not good for us.
@1hopefulman I do agree with you. It is not good to spend a lot of time in front of a computer. It should be balanced.
I always respond to those who comment my discussions. I go through all the discussions posted, I skip those that I do not consider interesting, I do not choose "by user".
It is nice to hear that, my friend. I know that you are not that kind of person. I had seen some of these members who tend to be choosy.
@Shavkat I know what you mean. I have noticed that a user only replied to comment left by American users. Not very polite.
@LadyDuck I agree. You had noticed that. It is really impolite.
• Janesville, Wisconsin
I do not think they are just targeting their own. They are targeting their activity, some people post more discussions, some people respond to more discussions, some people comment more.. some people focus on their friends as their friends and them agree to be on at the same time participating with each other.. some people are just really drawn to some...
I do think that they are entitled to do so. I doesn't matter if it is based on their personality. I do respect that and things cannot be controlled. They have their own preferences and we just need to broaden our mind about it.
@I_LUV_U (2519)
Indeed, to each his own. I wouldn't judge unless I have seen them backbiting or to reveal a bigoted side of their worldview.
@iridion9 (6961)
I don't care about the person. I am most concern the quality content of the topic. If the content has sense then I reply. Otherwise I skip.
I think it is fine to do that. It didn't capture your taste in topics. I also think that it is nice to respond to all the comments responded to our discussions.
@sprite1950 (13029)
• Corsham, England
No I don't choose certain people although there are some I particularly like to talk to. I just go down the list of discussions to see what I'm interested in regardless of who posted them.
I think it is our choice to choose which discussions are appealing. On the other hand, if the members commented in my discussions, I tried my best to respond back as much as possible.
@sprite1950 (13029)
• Corsham, England
@Shavkat I respond to all my comments and if I miss one it's just a mistake.
@sprite1950 I also do the same thing, my friend. I think it is understandable if we were not able to respond other comments.
@magallon (17937)
I always see to it that I have responded to all who have posted comments on my posts.
I know that, my friend. You always respond whenever you can.
@magallon (17937)
@Icydoll (15171)
I never skip a response...I just comment back whoever give response to discussions...it's the minimum respect we give the others by commenting back..as people take time to read discussions show interest to interact with us..
Exactly, my friend. We need to be sensitive enough. Respect is also one of the concerns. We need to be grateful for their effort to read our posted discussions.
I 'like' all responses I receive. I don't always comment to them, but that doesn't have anything to do with who wrote them...it deals with what they say, and a good part of when they said it.
For me, I tried my best to reply to mylotters' comments. If ever I didn't reply them, perhaps I was too busy to check them out.
@Sreekala (22720)
If any one do not bother to reply my responses then surely I won't participate that person's topics any more. My time is also valuable even though I am much broadminded. Those are choosy, it is their problems and they are losers.
I can feel you. I don't like being ignored by responding their posted discussions. As you had said, I will not bother reading or responding to their discussions. In addition, I don't waste my time to those people who are arrogant in nature.
@anikoonline (3026)
• Hungary
I think mylot is about interacting. It is not a good strategy to not respont all of the comments.
I do agree with you. Some people cannot get it.
@I_LUV_U (2519)
I respond to every discussion I can relate and present my personal perspective to. Having said that, those who respond to a select group of users may have the same reason for doing it, it gives you a sense of dependability and comfort, something you can look forward to like watching a favorite show by the end of the day's toil, rather than watching new, stimulating stuff full of uncertain moments. Yet, if it is emanating from prejudice, you are right to call it out.
You have a point, my friend. I find it disrespected when a mylotter ignored my comment. I am not that sensitive but I am an observant. If they continue to do so, I will stop reading or be commenting their discussions.
I respond to all responses and mostly to the comments as well depending on what is being said.
I think it is a good attitude, my friend. I don't want them to feel being ignored.
I lie to resond to peopoe woi iterestme as wellas t f r eds too
We can have such white lies. Honestly, some people might think that I am pretending to like members in mylot. In fact, my comments are truly said genuinely.
@mlgen1037 (25566)
• Manila, Philippines
In all honesty, I do not mind those people and I do not give my time to those kind of people. Just to remove stress. Let them be. I am not saying that I like what they are doing but those kind of people have no sense of camaraderie and wasting time on those people is rubbish. That is their choice and for us, at least decency and courtesy run in our system.
I do agree with you. If they had shown such act. I stopped reading or even giving comments to their discussions. As you had mentioned, it is also a waste of time. By the way, welcome to mylot.
@mlgen1037 (25566)
• Manila, Philippines
@Shavkat Thank you for the warm welcome. I am to be here and meet people especially from our country. I just want to mingle and get to know you all.
@mlgen1037 You are so welcome. I am sure it is a good site to make new virtual friends. I take this site as my sanctuary to escape from the real world.