Would you want a dislike button on mylot?

@mydanods (6761)
Nigeria
A user once complained about how people post “thanks for sharing” to her discussions and how it kills good interactions here on mylot. So I wanted a vote on this one. Would you want a dislike button on mylot? When you dislike a post, would you want that person’s earnings to be deducted? Ouch, that hurts. I know that the admins are reading this and would appreciate all your contributions.
The main reason it is not a good idea is because people are petty-minded. We used to have the option to [+] or [-] a discussion/response/comment, and people would go through rating everything someone did with [-] just because they didn't like the person, not because it was a 'bad' post.
@JolietJake Correct! This is what people used to do in Bubblews. Dislike those they did not like, or those they judged were "too successful".
@LadyDuck They used to do it here all the time as well. I got neg rated often, not because of the response/comment, but because people either didn't like me or didn't like that the reply disagreed with them, even though it was a truthful reply.
@JolietJake A dislike button is a very bad idea. We are not obliged to like, we can skip discussions.
@GoAskAlice (4302)
The last time we had something like that, it didn't work out so well.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
Thanks Admin. Now I know better.
The dislike button never works well. Let's forget about it.
@EddieHands (37852)
Yes I remember that button.. It didn't go well at all
@EddieHands (37852)
Well I do want one. But then I think I would get a lot of dislikes on my topics! lol
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
You are really funny. Why do you think you would get a lot of dislikes?
@Bluedoll (17071)
If instead of dislike deducting earnings, dislike could add to earnings. Would you then like a dislike? I could if you like, like your comment and then un-like it, if you like?
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
@Bluedoll That would complicate things a little for the programmers.
@Starmaiden (5027)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
I think a dislike button is unnecessary. If someone doesnt like a post they can just not "like" it and post their disappointment or opinion. Or they can ignore it altogether. :-)
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
Altogether right. Write on Lucinda.
NO, absolutely not. When I wrote for Bubblews we had a dislike button. Do you know how people used it? To dislike when they were jealous of those who were more successful. Even Facebook has removed the dislike button.
@Raj7779 (2916)
• Ahmednagar, India
I agree with you mostly people just dislike it because of this reason
@Raj7779 This is what I have noticed in all sites that have a dislike button.
@Raj7779 (2916)
• Ahmednagar, India
@LadyDuck yes I have also noticed that
@Raj7779 (2916)
• Ahmednagar, India
I am not agree with this.some people will dislike it for no reason and degrade the discussion so its better not to add this feature. If you don't like the discussion then just skip it.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
Thanks for adding your opinion. I was just thinking of this that is why I started the discussion.
@Raj7779 (2916)
• Ahmednagar, India
@mydanods no problem its good that you also thinking about to be a better mylot but its all depends on the user.admin will add this if most of the people wants this feature.so I think you should have to mention the admin in this discussion
@Icydoll (14671)
@Raj7779 you have a point...I also don't like this dislike option
No, I don't need a dislike button. If I don't like a post, I just move on to the next one. I can get enough grief offline without looking for it here.
We have the choice to like or not. We do not need a dislike.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
Move on to the next one; I would try to do that myself. I just wanted to know what others feel about my idea.
• Russian Federation
I do not think that it is a good idea - if you don't like, scroll further I think it is about tolerance and respect. Why “thanks for sharing” kills good interactions? I believe that every normal polite person should reply those who commented on his discussion - in my culture, it is offensive if I said something but a person did not reply. Like ignorance
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
Someone told me it kills good interactions. I told her I have not noticed any "thanks for sharing" comment on my discussions. That was what brought about the idea.
• Russian Federation
@mydanods Oh, I see... it sounds weird. I use this phrase from time to time
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
@MashaVickina So, she's looking out for your head then?
• Okotoks, Alberta
I dunno really. I remember when rabadaba implemented the dislike button. It made them lose a ton of users. I agree and disagree lol
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
Thanks for relating that experience. That means it might make some people feel discriminated against.
@sjvg1976 (18380)
No I won't like to have it. As we had it in the past and people used to play with the dislike button
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
That means you were part of the old mylot?
@sjvg1976 (18380)
@mydanods yes I was. I have been here from last 8 years.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
@sjvg1976 We can learn a lot from you then.
@iridion9 (6945)
Wrong idea please don't request that feature. You will regret it once impleented. it has CONS
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
Share the cons please? Although I think popular opinion is that it should not be implemented.
@iridion9 (6945)
@mydanods People use it the wrong way. We really don't know the taste of each person. For example if a viewer watch a video and don't like a little portion of the content. he dislikes it even though only 10% of of 90% of the video he disliked it.
No. Been tried before and it didn't do what it was suppose to do.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
That's why it won't be implemented again.
• Cuddalore, India
Not necessary to have in my point of view
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
That's what others say.
@JESSY3236 (6250)
I don't. I just don't like those kind of comments.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
I appreciate your contrite reply. Others have said it will take away from the experience on the site.
I think that a DISLIKE button would be a very bad idea.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
That is what I have been made to believe also. Move over to the next discussion please. This one is over.
@miketagz (7499)
I want it if I'm against but no dislike button here. Maybe if you want to suggest it to Alice.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
She has already spoken. There was a failed experiment on the dislike button in the past.
• Calgary, Alberta
In comments maybe, in discussions no because it will cause a drama. Also a dislike button is harmless if there is no dislike score in a person's profile.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
This is the first response that shows a direction it might take. I started the discussion because one mylotter was complaining that some people post comments that do not seem to attract interaction but repels it. So, I thought of the dislike button for comments like that. The general response is no though. No dislike button on mylot.
• Calgary, Alberta
@mydanods We actually have an option to delete comments on our created discussions we dont like and there is even no need for reporting.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
@CaptAlbertWhisker I know that. Thanks anyway.
@iridion9 (6945)
Another bad reason. What if the admin implement this and when someone dislike it also decrease your earnings in mylot. Are you happy with this implementation? I think this is VERY STUPID idea. Now do you want this to be implemented? Are you that serious or stupid?
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
To prevent people from posting unreasonable comments. I think it is a bad idea. A very bad one. I have withdrawn it.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
@iridion9 They have already implemented it before and they stopped.
theres a like button if you like the post, therefore its obvious that if you dont like just leave the discussion and look for another that suits youre taste, dislike button sounds cruel to me, i dont like anyone disliking my post/comment and im sure they dont like it to happen to them as well.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
I didn't mean to be cruel. Thanks
@Jessabuma (20551)
• Baguio, Philippines
I am not voted for having a dislike button.