I Owe Everyone an Update of My Pain

To all those who have read my post last Sunday, of me having excruciating pain Friday night until early morning, I finally had my ultrasound yesterday. There are no gallstones nor kidney stones. Though my kidneys have some diffused fats. Thus, the doctor said it could just be that I have overeaten. True enough on those two Fridays I had my excruciating stomache, I ate a pack of fried peanuts and drank Sprite or soda. My daughter prescribed me omeprazole for 2 weeks instead, to be sure .The medicine is to stop secretion of acid and I am taking it 30 minutes before breakfast. So far, I don’t feel any pain in my stomach anymore, although last Sunday when I rode the pedicab and it passed some rough roads, my stomach ached still. Now, I don’t feel any stomache anymore. I feel so happy that I don’t have gallstones. Thanks everyone who comforted my anxiety that it could be gallstones.
• Calgary, Alberta
cranberry juice and coconut water can help you with that situation. It worked for my brother..
You mean he has gallstones?
• Calgary, Alberta
@SIMPLYD yup and he lost it naturally.
@CaptAlbertWhisker My father have gallstones, but because of his age, the doctor don't want an operation. He is given medicine instead and told to do "labatiba", i don't know the English for it though. So, maybe you can ask him how he did it so it can be tried by my father too. I think his old stones were gone because he drank lots of pure apple juice.
Good to know it's not gall stone though. Better be careful with your diet. We are not getting younger anymore. That's why I've stopped eating pork coz it's really a great culprit. My brother who has gall stone was told by the doctor he could no longer eat pork, beef, food with preservatives, and fried food. Almost wanted to tell him, I told you so!
Thank you Toni. I am very happy the moment I read the result. Indeed, when one has gallstones, he should already have a change in eating preferences. I eat pork, although, I always would remove the fat.
@SIMPLYD It's not just the fat that's harmful. It's the pork itself as it is considered the dirtiest animal. Not most people know since they will always say it is cooked. But then they'd stop eating pork when they're at their worst health.
pork,beef, fried food uggghh all of them are so good lol
I noticed that my comment disappeared. I am glad you do not have gallstones. Try to rest until your stomach does not ache anymore.
Really, i didn't notice it. I was busy working after sometime here. But I was surprised I saw you commented again. I remembered you commented already. It could be part of this sticking Enter button glitch .
@SIMPLYD May be I also hit a wrong button. I have been so busy those past days, I do everything in a hurry.
@LadyDuck Me too ALways in a hurry from going to the office, coming here and finishing my works.
• Cuddalore, India
Happy to hear that you don't have gall stones .
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
They are very painful.
Thank you . I was so relieved indeed.
@mydanods Yes, I know that, so I was worried that if it is so, I could be operated on for it. Thank God it wasn't.
So glad you are now feeling so much better!!! Gallstones really do present a big problem.
Thank you. My relief was so great once I read the summary of my ultrasound.
It is great you can heave a sigh of relief.According to the Traditional Chinese Medicine,stomach-cold may cause stomachache.
Yes, I was so happy when I read the result. I was beaming as I gave them to the doctor. Indeed very cold water especially when you take a bath in the morning can cause stomache too.
@sunrisefan (17356)
Good to know it's not that serious Ms. LT. Now you should minimize soda intake.
Yes, I was so happy when i read the result. Actually, i only drink soda maybe once a week. But i think it's the oily peanuts that caused me the sever stomache. I has it Friday, 3 weeks ago, when I had the first excruciating stomache. Then, second was last Friday again. My officemate cooks and sells delicious peanuts that's why. From now on, I will have my excuse to her.
@sunrisefan (17356)
@sunrisefan I am happy to see you here once in a while. I can understand your busyness.
uggh gallstones. I was once diagnosed with it. But fortunately it was gone. I guess the chinese herbs did their job well. I am glad that you do not have stomachache anymore. Claim that you are in tip-top shape. Stay healthy.
Really, they were gone without any surgery? What did you do? WHat herbs did you take?
@SIMPLYD yes! It disappeared.I religiously took the boiled herbs that my Chinese herbalist has prescribed me.
@Iam_jauntyjen Can you please tell me what is that herb?
I'm so happy for you! I was worried that you may have had gallstones or something worse. Whew! I quit drinking soda years ago, but it may have been the combination of oily nuts and soda that caused that horrible feeling. Stay well!
Thank you. Indeed, i can't help getting worried that I may have gallstones, so yesterday, I asked for a leave of absence and spent it at the hospital for the ultrasound. That's what I was thinking too, the combination of the oily peanuts (considering that it could also be gaseous from chewing it well, he he he) and the soda is the culprit. Now, I will avoid it totally and the oily and fatty foods. Our daughter also told me to avoid meantime citrus fruits, and that includes the fruit I eat everyday - apple.
@SIMPLYD No apple? Hopefully, when you feel better you can return to eating in moderation.
@DianneN She said, since it's my favorite, I can take it after meals or full stomach.
@ridingbet (49961)
that is good, and that is the wonder of having a health care professional in your family.
Indeed. EVen if it is 2:00 a.m. we woke her up.
@ridingbet (49961)
@SIMPLYD true ah. she is your daughter first, and your doctor, second. even me here, my sister wakes me up while i am in deep sleep, only to complain that she is still awake. hahaha
@ridingbet Oh my, your sister does that to you? She seems not have any consideration. I would get angry if I am awakened for that reason.
@mlgen1037 (24602)
• Manila, Philippines
Hello. I am unsure if I read your post last Saturday but I am glad all is okay.
Well, even if you haven't read the post I think this post says something about what I am talking about, so thank you. Are you new here?
@mlgen1037 (24602)
• Manila, Philippines
@SIMPLYD You're most welcome. Yes, I joined less than a month ago. I like to make new friends and I am happy to meet mylotters from the Philippines.
@mlgen1037 Welcome to myLot, kababayan.
@sol_cee (14386)
• Japan
Whatta relief!
Indeed it was such a big relief when I read the result then happily give it to the doctor.
@sol_cee (14386)
• Japan
@SIMPLYD Which doctor? You have two. lol
@sol_cee The one I first consulted with and referred an ultrasound.
@Jessabuma (20551)
• Baguio, Philippines
Hopefully you are feeling better now po
It's actually gone in the morning. I was glad it was just a case I think of "overeating" peanuts or impatso.
@Jessabuma (20551)
• Baguio, Philippines
@SIMPLYD hehehe!!! Okay po
@nela13 (6052)
• Portugal
I haven't read your first post, only knew now about you situation. If you don't have gallstones that is good, now you just need to be more careful with what you eat.
Well, you don't have to read it actually, because I gave an overview here. I am so relieved I don't have gallstones.
@nela13 (6052)
• Portugal
@silvermist (20107)
Good to know that you do not have any serious ailments.Take care.
Thank you. Now, I am careful with what I eat and how plenty.
@silvermist (20107)
@SIMPLYD Yes,better be safe than sorry.
@JustBhem (32204)
• Davao, Philippines
Good thing the test was not bad and there is nothing to worry though you need to watch what you eat the next time.
Yes, thank you. I avoid eating fried foods and those cooked in coconut milk. I also avoid spicy foods now as well as citrus fruits. Most of all, I now only eat enough not a lot.
@JustBhem (32204)
• Davao, Philippines
@SIMPLYD That's good, at least for now.
That is good and trust me i know that kind of worry. My pain landed me on the operating table.
Thank you. Yes, that's what I don't want- the operating table.
@SIMPLYD OH yeah I am sure of that too. I am not trying to lay on one either.
@Sreekala (22720)
It seems I missed that discussion of yours. I will check it now. Glad to know that you are safe.
Yes, i am happy it is nothing serious. Not gallstones nor kidney stones.
@Sreekala (22720)
@epiffanie (10413)
Sometimes we tend to forget that our stomach can’t handle that much.. Glad you’re okay..
Yes, that is true. So now, i just eat enough not over.
@kepweng (13394)
whats the name of peanuts?? and i think sprite and coke zero with NO Sugar is ok! beacuse it have LESS Sugar than the black softdrinks!
It's a fried peanut cooked by our officemate. Every Thursday night he cooks that because she has lots of clients even at the bank where she makes her round. She is our liason officer.