Coco's Remember Me

@eileenleyva (10978)
Photo credits goes to google. First learned about Mexico's Day of the Dead on James Bond's SPECTRE. I thought it strange, for a people to commemorate the dead in skeleton costumes. Disney's and Pixar's Coco, a 2017 Mexican animation of a child's tale on the Day of the Dead somehow erased the uncanny. Or rather, definitively. Let every child watch the movie, especially the children my age and learn from the Mexicans why the living must honor the dead. Perhaps this movie has earned many a highly recommended review, because aside from this being a child's adventure into the realm of the spirit, the story depicts passion for family, tradition, and music. The viewing children are guaranteed a thriller, as a boy fights for his life and his music, and in doing so, unravels the mystery of the past. As well as being guaranteed reminders of life's valuable lessons, and the choices we make. All from a boy's love for music. Do watch Coco.
@silvermist (20085)
Your review made me research more about the movie and I would definitely watch it.Thanks for the recommendation.
@eileenleyva (10978)
Time to be a child again.
@silvermist (20085)
@eileenleyva That sure is a nice feeling,when our inner child comes out.
@eileenleyva (10978)
@silvermist I'd love to be a child again and again.
@august18 (3818)
• Tunisia
This scene ripped my heart out.
@eileenleyva (10978)
Which scene,august?
@eileenleyva (10978)
Which scene, august?
@august18 (3818)
• Tunisia
@eileenleyva When he was singing "remember me" to Coco in hopes that she keeps her father's memory alive.
Lovely movie it made me cry .
What a fantastic movie..I still remember many of its dialogue....it's such an amazing experience watching it...
@eileenleyva (10978)
Delved right into our emotions, did it not?
@eileenleyva (10978)
@Girlove A fantastic movie indeed.
@Bhebelen14 (5206)
I watched this movie last weekend and I enjoyed it. :)
@eileenleyva (10978)
O, di ba, ang ganda! (How beautiful!) I will watch it again. There are so many beautiful lines I'd like to remember.
@eileenleyva Yeah, super! It made me cry in some scenes. I already downloaded the movie and I told my nieces to watch the movie.
@eileenleyva (10978)
@Bhebelen14 Wow, a good auntie. I think I shall rest knowing there will be young girls growing up well and good because there is an auntie who is guiding them well right now. Have fun exchanging ideas afterwards, like which scene or scenes affected them enough to cry. My daughters were hurt when the guitar was smashed.
Was planning to watch this but never got a chance. Perhaps, I'll watch it on my day off.
@eileenleyva (10978)
Hopefully, with children around, so you can feel their reaction.
@miketagz (7494)
Great movie. This is an inspiration to everyone for every families.
@eileenleyva (10978)
I love Coco. She is so cute a child.
@miketagz (7494)
@eileenleyva Yeah but now she is Adult, named Coco Martin. Oops its a boy. Hahah.
This sounds a really positive film.
@eileenleyva (10978)
It's a kiddie animation filled with colors. Always am a kid, if only people know.
This movie really did get great reviews. I have not seen it yet.
it was very beautiful
• Calgary, Alberta
What do you think of the lovestory of Hector and Imelda.
@eileenleyva (10978)
Happens in a matriarchal community. The artist in Hector has to pursue a dream, a heart's desire. The practical wife has to check reality. The artist did decide to come back but he was murdered. If he had gotten home, perhaps the love story would have born more children. Siblings for Coco. But that is not the story,
@eileenleyva (10978)
@CaptAlbertWhisker Imagine away. Your prerogative.
I recently watched Coco and immediately fell in love with it, the animation, the story, the songs, the connection to family, it all touched my heart and this song really made me cry... I had to rewatch the movie a second time and really don't mind watching it again, and again, it's really powerful and gives off a deep meaning everyone needs to see it.
@eileenleyva (10978)
All you said are absolutely true. The plot was exciting enough but the twist in the end was brilliant. The scenes were serendipitous. The music filled the heart, a love song of a father, a promise to a beloved child. Culture and tradition guide the story, and the well obeyed family edicts, imposed by the matriarchs. No music. Shoes. Shoes. The Rivera is a shoemaking family. The predicament of a boy, his asserting of himself, his journey. Okay, will watch again.
• Calgary, Alberta
@eileenleyva LOL at Mama Coco being older than her parents at the after life.
@eileenleyva (10978)
@CaptAlbertWhisker You can check how it is at the after life if you like.
i so love that movie as in... also my baby loves it... i love also the lessons that it gave me as a viewer of that movie...
@eileenleyva (10978)
Passion, dream family, tradition, love - these affect us each day as we strive to make our lives meaningful and worth living. Perfect idea to expose your baby to a musical animation filled with the essential morals, subliminally, these are instilled in their young minds. And the music brings the soul to greater heights.