A Pleasant Surprise

I went to bed expecting to get up this morning to another day of snow. For the past few days they were talking about this Nor'easter moving into the area. Well, we escaped much of it and although it's a little windy the snow didn't amount to much. I expected my daughter to be home when I got up this morning but she was able to make it to work without too much trouble. So, I have the day to myself. I've already gotten quite a bit done this morning and I really would like to sit and watch some of the tv shows that have been sitting on my DVR for awhile. Then again, I have a good book I'm reading and that sounds like fun. But, my unfinished craft project needs attention too. Decisions, decisions, decisions As you can see, being retired is wonderful.
@hostessman (9239)
• Tucson, Arizona
i love it when the 3 or 4 decisions i get to choose from are all the fun things i enjoy doing
Lol! Retirement is chock full of wonderful decisions! Do them all!
Oh, you have so many choices of things to enjoy today. I loved my retired life too.
I wanna retire.
You'd better make a start on one of them soon or you'll still be dithering at dinner-time.
You had a lot to keep you busy that day.
We have had enough storms this season haven't we? Glad that it didn't hit your area as you thought it would.
Yes when you are retired you can do lots of stuff that you want to do and you have the time to do.
We finally got snow! And alot of it at that! Must have gotten your share with ours, lol
• Riga, Latvia
I love just working at home on the PC but of course, it keeps me at the poverty level. I know what you mean though that you can stay in if the weather is nasty. We are having rain now which is melting the last of our snow.
I agree with that last statement, I love retirement. I'm glad you didn't get blasted by the snow storm, hopefully it'll be over soon and spring will bring in warm weather.
Yes, I totally agree with you that being retired is wonderful, just wonderful.
I fully agree, being retired is wonderful. We had a sunny day today. I was able to walk, I need to get out of hibernation.
@dgobucks226 (11571)
Pleasant surprises like not having snow can really make our day!
@Morleyhunt (19720)
My sister is travelling today and tomorrow to come to visit me. I'm hoping the Nor'easter is kind to her as she travels through New England and New Brunswick,
It sounds like you will have a lovely day, enjoy! =)
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
It really is wonderful. Try to tell the coming generation about what it is like to work everyday and you'll get only stares.
We were supposed to get 6 inches of snow with this noreaster but I'd say we only got about 2 inches. School however was closed which I am so thankful for as my daughter is laying around in pain with period cramps.
It is not over for us here.Still snowing.
@silvermist (20107)
So what did you decide as your priority?Which is the book that you have with you for reading?