Mylotting while I sent Leticia on an errand. Language problems.

Chile
Good morning, friends. People who live alone or people who have everyone speaking in English at their house don´t know how difficult it is to mylot while someone is talking in another language. Leticia is always either asking small things or singing in Spanish. I just cannot concentrate. So, today, as I found out that there was a wonderful sale in pork chops at the nearby market, I sent her alone and decided to mylot in peace. I will have around an hour of silence and English. I have my own problems in writing in a language that is not my native tongue to have to listen on top of that to questions that I must answer. Is English your first language? If it isn´t, how do you manage?
I wish she could teach me. I watch youtube but i can't remember it. Yes english for me..
@CoralLevang has taken Spanish courses and she writes very well in Spanish
@marguicha thank you, but I only write a little bit. At the very second grade level. I use the dictionary a lot
@CoralLevang That´s more than many people do. And you do write very well.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
I read all the time. At least I used to before the Internet came and that improved my English.
I can´t think in English so fast as in Spanish so it is difficult for me to mylot and answer notifications.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
@marguicha That means Spanish is the language of your heart while English is the language you earn with. You are blessed to be bilingual.
@mydanods I don´t earn much with English. The amount of money I earn at mylot does not buy a loaf of bread in my country. I´m here for the fun.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
What is your first language?
Spanish. In my country most of the people don´t know many words in English except by "mouse", "sale" and the like
It's only English here but sometimes Vince chops in and out of my concentration with questions or stuff he thinks I need to know.
@kanchan10 (3431)
• Kolkata, India
it is not my first language but my higher educations were in english. so it is bit easy with me. i have a separate room so generally no disturbances altogether.
No, English is not my first language. I speak French. Why can't you tell Leticia that you are working and need silence to concentrate better. I just solved your problem!
@anikoonline (3259)
• Hungary
My boyfriend usually talks to me when I read or write something and he always watched TV. When I do something important online (like bank transactions), I ask him to stay quiet. Otherwise he is more important than my online activity.
I know what you mean, English is not my first language. We speak Italian in the house, while I type in myLot I hear my husband talking on the phone, or asking things to me, always in Italian. Sometimes he listens to online curses in French, it's not different.
English isn't my first language but since it is taught in school early on, I've managed to be proficient in it.
@rakski (22181)
English is not our first language but we use english everyday. But I understand your situation there. My daughter loves to learn Japanese. She always sing some Japanese over and over again. I told her one time to change her song to something I can understand. Lol