The Almost Moon

@millie02 (6907)
United Kingdom
This is the fictional story of a woman who has never felt loved by her mother. It is a very sad subject for a book because the woman in the story ,Helen Knightly, has loved her mother all her life. She spent years trying to get along with a mother who just did not care about her. It is a harrowing story with a tragic twist in the tail at the end.
Sounds like an interesting but tragic story. I will take a look for that book. Thanks for sharing.
@millie02 (6907)
The story actually began with a murder and then it told the story of what the poor woman had to go through during her life. It took us back through her childhood and the problems she had while growing up.
I am not sure if I have read this one. I have read quite a few of Sebold's books but I might have missed this one. It does sound like a good read.
@millie02 (6907)
I have only read one other book by this author and that was `The Lovely Bones'. I enjoyed reading the first book and this is one reason why I brought `The Almost Moon when' I saw it for sale in a charity shop a few weeks ago.
@millie02 I read The Lovely Bones too. I would like the one you mentioned here.
@millie02 (6907)
@Corbin5 It is nice to find an author who`s work you enjoy reading. But saying that ,some authors tend to stick to only one subject and then the stories in each of the books seem very similar.
evil mother hope she goes to hell
@millie02 (6907)
Well it did not sound as if she had a very good life. She was a sufferer of many horrible diseases, widowed young and had dementia in old age. Her poor daughter had to look after her and always put her first despite feeling unloved.
@millie02 some people dont have much patience of all because of too much burden in life but she has to still love her only daughter thats there for her
@Prshnth (945)
• Bangalore, India
well latest truth in the modern life is bad mothers do exist
@mydanods (6752)
• Nigeria
It must make her feel frustrated. Did she discover why her mother doesn't love her?
@Fleura (7195)
Sounds like a sad story. I'm sure it's good but not sure I'd want to read it!
@franxav (5204)
A mother was a child in her life; we don't know what she went throughin her childhood.
This is very sad sounding.