We Are All Racist - Get Over It

@Namelesss (1380)
We are all racist. All of us have a certain 'kind' 'type' or '''race''' we prefer. That can mean color, religion, language or even height. Get it straight, there is only ONE race of human. But like dogs and cats we come in a variety of shapes, colors and abilities. There are certain types of people we are uncomfortable with and that is perfectly natural and not something to be ashamed of or to deny. The only time (let me re-iterate). The ONLY time it matters is when there is violence involved. That is not racism, racism is the excuse, what that is is plain old hate. It's not new, it's not different, it's not special. Most people are not 'racist'. I fully believe this as I have met very few actual 'racists' in life. You do not have to love everyone and I think most people get this - even the religious community despite their never-ending love all lectures. We are 'HUMAN', that is all. To not love everyone is not the same as to hate every one. There are many levels of love and hate but the two are not exclusive. It IS possible to not hate someone and not love them either. If we can learn to distance ourselves from these emotive words which allow no freedom for our larger being we can perhaps forget the 'race' thing altogether. In our world it seems you are racist if you hate racists. Think about that or don't, there is nothing in that statement worth thinking about. Let it go and just be, let others be. That and kindness are all you need.
Oh, you are courageous! Aren't you afraid of the wrath of the Sunday school teachers ("the religious community") who show us the right path in their posts?
@Namelesss (1380)
Naw, I can take it but surprisingly I rarely get confrontational comments. Either I'm damn good saying what I have to say or (more likely) no one cares.
@Namelesss Maybe you have to work on your cheekiness.
@Namelesss (1380)
@MALUSE Haha, yep, Maybe so..
• Preston, England
It isn't just dangerous when there is violence, name calling fosters heavier abuse and discrimination in the workplace can leave minorities out of work or alienated from co-workers, among much more.
@Namelesss (1380)
True. But if you have a boss or co-workers like that you do have options.
• Preston, England
@Namelesss very difficult to make a case if others decline to see anything happening right under their own noses
yes this will always goes on.You cannot like every one.That is not racist. I do my best to stay out of it and never bother anyone.Beside it is not of my business.I have been there many times with ginny wop etc.Oh yes grease balls etc.Do not tell me anything about racist been there.
@Namelesss (1380)
It does get really tiring hearing those same old arguments don't it?
@Namelesss yes it is.So my lips are sealed.LOL
Racists exist, it's not something we cannot deny, but most people are not racists. As you correctly say, racism is often an excuse to commit horrible acts. We cannot love everyone. The fact to prefer some to others does not make us racists. We even have preferred family members, how can we love "everyone"?
@Namelesss Yes, it is childish. If we could love everyone, people would not divorce. We would have no problems with our siblings, our school mates, teachers and so on. The perfect world does not exist and we cannot change this.
@aninditasen (1702)
• Raurkela, India
We all like our community but that does not give us the right to become racists.
@Namelesss (1380)
We don't need the right to be racist. Everyone is if they would admit it. Or perhaps I should say most people are. It's only natural to feel more at home among people you resonate with. What we don't have is the right to treat others negatively because of that. That's just immature and often detrimental to ourselves as well as them.
• Raurkela, India
@Namelesss Yes, that's right.
I try to like everyone the same. Because we are all the same inside.
@Namelesss (1380)
True but some we are going to like just a little more than others, stands to reason some we will like a little less. And that is perfectly okay.
@mlgen1037 (29641)
• Manila, Philippines
I like this post. It is straight and direct. Yeah, the fact of the matter is that in our lifetime, we are racists and mostly just denies it.
@Namelesss (1380)
Thank you. Yes we are and we have a lifetime to learn better ways to deal with it than hatred and harm.
@mlgen1037 (29641)
• Manila, Philippines
@Namelesss thats true. Hope we all realize this and learn to remove hate.
@Plethos (10312)
a lot of people also think ones preferences are racist just because they prefer a certain color, a certain person, a certain culture. i think the true definition has been lost over the past generation.
@Namelesss (1380)
Bingo! Some people are just so angry and they carry that over into everything, even where it doesn't belong. Doesn't do anything cause confusion, hatred and senselessness.
@Plethos (10312)
@Namelesss - yeah, all they do is add the word racist behind the subject, as if that makes it more offensive. such simple things as if your not a cat or dog person theyll call you a cat racist or a dog racist. silly crap , just utter childish logic.
@Shortail (862)
There're a lot of people confuse about racism and hate. Racism comes when someone discriminate others because they think they are superior to them, and hate always included to racism. Perhaps hate is just a normal feeling. that simple. You will feel the hate to any one, even your parents, but it doesn't means you are racist because you hate your parents right?
@Namelesss (1380)
That's one good way of putting it. Some people are just full of hate and there are many reasons for that. It's okay to hate, it's not okay to act on that hate. In time as a person grows that hate should diminish naturally as they see the world is so much bigger than them.
@Shortail (862)
@Namelesss Right, But actually it's so easy to divert the hate to ignore. I wonder why some people can't do that.
@augusta123 (5774)
I'm.not a racist because I accept every races and try.to blend with it.we shouldn't be preaching racism.instead we should condemn it,its unacceptable you know.
@Namelesss (1380)
Thank you for chiming in lovely. I am certainly not preaching racism. I am saying it is natural and we need to just accept that part of ourselves without all the hatred and negativity.
@OneOfMany (12423)
It's like when I say "No, people are not created equal, and humans really don't have rights." Everyone is different, with different abilities and talents and skills, genetics, backgrounds, genders, etc... Respect is not a 'right', it is something earned. Same with trust and dignity and everything else. It would be good to be courteous to people you just meet, but it doesn't mean that you deserve something someone else has when they worked for it and you haven't. I'm ready for the world of hurt feelings to end.
@Namelesss (1380)
Amen to that Morgan. Social media seems to have increased our awareness but more than that people's sensitivities too. You can't say boo without someone crying.which really doesn't bother me as everyone has to learn. But all the ones that jump in and tell them they have a right to be offended, blah blah blah - really. No, they need to grow up.
• Dallas, Texas
Good points. I personally am a loner. I don't associate with people unless I am out in the world and am as polite and politically correct as I can be. I love talking to people of all color so I guess I am not a racist. I do however know that birds of a feather, flock together. Historically, and in the early days of man, one race or culture were of one color mostly until mass migration created diversity. If we admit to feeling uncomfortable when talking to another person from a different race, then we need to rethink. Racism is taught. We can unlearn it. Stereotyping is what people do. They generalize everything. If you've seen one cop, you've seen them all. They all hang out at doughnut shops. I do know that my race, the Anglo Saxon, is very racist. But I am above that kind of stupid nonsense. I do not support racists. I think that all people deserve respect from the rest of us. If not, the planet is doomed and we as a human species will self destruct eventually.
I still am trying to wrap my head around why the dummy who coined the term racist DID NOT realize if coined it would actually mean some one that did not like his or her own, another human being regardless of culture diversity, income instability, or disability seen or unseen ??? Also if one is a totalitarian they might believe EVERYONE is racist but if that type of thinking is not encouraged in ones mindset then the real truth surfaces, we ALL are not, demonstrating only a few dummies who actually are racist, to be found out can redeem themselves My point is we are ALL of the Human Race separated by gender
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I have been blessed with parents who didn't notice color, religion or wealth. My husband is like that too and our children were lucky with their parents. I will admit it freaks me out watching our fake president and his antics. Now that's a racist.
@Namelesss (1380)
Amen to that. Unfortunately our president is all too real (as our president that is). But you are right, fake as a 3 dollar bill otherwise.
@Namelesss I can't believe all those who are around him don't blow the whistle, I hope to see him in jail and if not that, I won't be watching him on TV. I know we can't believe everything online news, but every day there is something more stupid than the day before.
@mythociate (15387)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
different girls? or the same one 16 times? https://petapixel.com/2013/04/25/portraits-of-miss-korea-2013-contestants-spark-discussion-on-plastic-surgery/
The symptom-of-my-racism that really bugs me is: the way 'people of each race (other than "Caucasian")' all look alike to me.- all blacks look like '3-or-4 black types' to me (sometimes not even differing between men & women), just like all 'Asians' (Oriental, not Indian or Russian ... although most Indians are pretty similar too---Far East Indians, not Native American Indians ... who are all fairly similar as well)
@Namelesss (1380)
I can identify with this. I think perhaps it is due to a lack of being around people of differing cultures. I understand people who frequently live or work beside a group unlike themselves quickly learn to see the differences. You're right in that many cultures have very little diversity in appearance.
@RubyHawk (25455)
• Atlanta, Georgia
As you say I don't consider myself racist. There are people I like and some I don't like. I get along with everyone or stay away from them.
@wolfgirl569 (4914)
• Marion, Ohio
I think you said that very well. I like the differences, just imagine how boring it would be if we were all the same. But that being said, there is people I avoid. Not because of race, religion, etc. But because I just do not feel comfortable with them. But that is because of how they act and or treat others.
@kepweng (15005)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
whats the Difference of racist to discrimination??
@Namelesss (1380)
People discriminate due to race but there is only one human race on the planet.
@FayeHazel (18027)
To a point, I agree. There are people making a big point about gender now, rebelling against the fact that there are 2 genders or the "gender binary" as it's called. Wishing to be called "They/them" instead of she or he. Everyone's free to feel their own way I guess, however it seems a moot point to me. There are 2 genders. That is how it is. I didn't come up with it. I'm sorry that the fact that there are 2 genders offends some people. IN rare cases - some people have both.... but that's rare. To me it's similar with race. There are more than one color of people. That is how it is. Some people will always have preferences. However hopefully everyone is able to treat others with thoughtfulness and respect...
I am only speaking of myself here. I truly try not to care what others do. I love the post as it's told in a way I have never heard before. There are a few things I just don't like. I won't lie though I am not in any way ever going to make that an issue for me. I do one thing in this world and I stay my way. I don't involve myself in it and trust me I don't want a conversation about it. I am glad to see this post. Thank you