Happy Write Your Story Day!

Hey everyone! Did you know it's National Write your story day? And that is exactly what we are doing! LOL! One of the things I am doing is preparing to publish my book of poetry. It's hard for me to believe that anyone would want to read much less buy my book. But I have a few hundred Facebookrs that said they want it. As I'm going through it, I find many of my poetry to be corny or too personal publish, so I'm struggling with it. We'll see how it goes. That is one thing I have been procrastinating on.
@lynnief (1248)
I wish you well with your book. More people are interested in reading poetry than you might think.
Really? Good to know! Thank you!
@dodoazo (21267)
I believe you for you're a good poet though I haven't read one of your poems. You can make it. Don't be discouraged.
LOL! Thank you! I just reread some of my stuff. Sooo many mistakes. I need to slow down. I keep missing errors. But again, thank you for the vote of confidence!
@dodoazo (21267)
@KindredSoul That's alright. Every writer or a poet for that matter needs to be supported, encourage to keep himself going. Good luck for more poems. Why not share your poem here for us to read and react?
@akalinus (21135)
If you believe in your poetry, then publish it. It could be something on your resume. One successful poet I know often writes poems about other people. No names but she writes about old people, veterans, lonely souls, etc. You could rewrite some of the personal ones as characteristics of others. She also writes descriptive poems. For instance, the morning mists on the lake, the boats starting out, the birds, a lone blue heron, etc. Keep a journal with things you feel, see, observe, think about. Then you can go back and capture those memories and emotions.
Thank you so much! That is helpful. But mine were written years ago. They are pretty much the Heart Hurts of a girl.