Visiting An Art Gallary

While reading the paper yesterday I noticed our local Art Gallery was showing the art of a local artist named Shelly Niro. She is an indigenous artist, and her show is called Indian Summer. I texted my best friend and made a date for the afternoon after my Water Areobic Class. My best friend and I used to visit the Gallery for every show. As we walked into the building it seemed so strange, it has been years since we were there. I moved out of Grimsby about 15 to 20 years ago. I'm thinking its been almost that many years since I'd been there. That will change, we will pay attention and go to every show from now on. The artist is a native that lived in Ontario and Upstate New York near where I grew up. I recognized some of her photos shown at the gallery were from my neck of the woods. Her titles for her work were wonderful, we laughed often because of her sense of humor. We really enjoyed her show and the link below will show you a fast video of most of the art we saw yesterday. Having the time to really look at the photos and paintings made our afternoon a nice memory. Do you have a local Art Gallery that is free to visit? We are lucky I think and need to visit more...
June 24 – September 2, 2016 Opening Reception: Friday, June 24 at 7:00pm Join us for the opening reception of Indian Summer, a solo exhibition of work by She...
@Plethos (10920)
i like going to local art, craft and especially photo shows. but lately over here all the art has been very limiting, imo. Or as i call it, Seperatist Racist art. Its all about "brown pride" , "la vida loca", anti u.s. , anti law enforcement, the whole extreme left side of politics. im tired of seeing art with an aztec king riding a low rider through trumps wall.
I haven't seen any art in the US lately, so I was not aware politics got into art. I can see why that is happening in the states, the daily news is not good and hopefully there will be better people running the country soon.
@Plethos (10920)
@PainsOnSlate - about 3 or so months back, i ended up talking to one of the artists, he made the mistake of asking me for my opinion, since i didnt share his political view he wanted to fight me. i just told the snowflake to chill and kept about my business. if he cant handle opposing views or harsh critiques, then he shouldnt be an artist, is what i ended up telling him.
@Plethos (10920)
@PainsOnSlate - ive seen that mentioned before, never really looked at it though. In all fairness, i did warn him before i opinionated.
@Platespinner (17062)
My older daughter and I love to visit art galleries, unfortunately, time is a bit of a problem. She's trying to get into VCU's (Virginia Commonwealth University) art program to study illustration.
I hope she get in. I went to Art school and loved every minute of it.
@PainsOnSlate She's been accepted to East Carolina, which has the program she wants, but she REALLY wants to go to VCU.
@Platespinner I remember those time when you are good for one but want another, I hope she gets what she wants.
We do have local art galleries in my city. I also sometimes go there. It is really amazing to see the work of arts of local artists. I hope I can have some of their works.
I love to look at art. I was an art student as a youngster and today I am an artist.
@PainsOnSlate I hope I can see your art gallery, my friend. Honestly, I am a frustrated artist.
@Shavkat My art is not in museums, I sell it in one store and they are always asking for more.
@Shellyann36 (11273)
It seems as if nothing is free near us. I wish we did have something like this to visit.
You might want to phone and ask your local art galleries and museums if they have free days, I think most of them do.
@Shellyann36 (11273)
@PainsOnSlate I will have to check into it. Thanks for the info.
@LeaPea2417 (22038)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I love visiting Art Galleries.
It is fun isn't it? I love all kinds of art.
@LeaPea2417 (22038)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@PainsOnSlate Yes, I do too.
I like to visit art galleries. There is a show I would like to visit, Van Gogh paintings. The show is in Italy and it lasts until the 8th of April. May be I can visit.
I would love to see a show of Van Gogh, I have seen a few of his but a whole show would be wonderful.
@PainsOnSlate My cousin went last Sunday, she said it's a wonderful show.
Sounds like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
I find myself so busy painting I miss my best friend, so when we can go to a gallery or out to lunch is a good day.
The shows are free? That's awesome! No we do not have anything like that here. Seeing the artist showed photos of places you recognized from where you grew up is really cool!
Our local area it is free, the big cities have big fees...I enjoyed her native feel in her work but photos of where I grew up was a surprise.
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
How wonderful you have found an artist you relate to and enjpy. I do not go to the city for much, so we do not go to theart gallery much
I love seeing what other artists do, it’s always so different and interesting.
Sounds like a wonderful day with a friend, and many more to look forward to.
Yes, it was and we intend to go often now that we realized how life got in the way of art...
We love visiting art galleries and museums. Some are free and some aren't, but they're worth every cent. Lovely photos.
In small town the galleries and museums are free, Big city, there is a fee. I love going to Toronto to visit the Galleries and Museums but I really appreciate my small town views.
Thanks for the link: I wasn't aware of this artist at all.
I was not aware until seeing her work in our small gallery. I hope to see more of her work.
Thanks for the link. I loved the cut-out costumes for the guy on the couch but it was all very interesting.
Her sense of humor showed in all her titles. I enjoy seeing others art. its amazing how different every artist is.
• Uzbekistan
Yes, we have. I often go to galleries and art museums. I'm interested in all kinds of art, I don't prefer a special period.
Me too I enjoy it all.