Everglades Airboats and more

One of the exciting thing I love is going to the Everglade. This is a one hour airport tour plus animal sanctuary. The ride is so thrilling and full of fun.We did not see too many animals just a few. It was the thrill of it. The series CSI the early years the opening scene of the airboats. I have a question.Many hear do not eat meat.So this will not interest you. St.Patrick day will be here on the 17th. My question is.What is the best cut of corned beef. Flat cut or the Point cut and what is the differences? Is one leaner than the other?thanks. If the photo comes out. In the back you see me with Connie and Willie Mike is up front and not sure what he is looking for.Alligators? Noticed the expression on Connie face Photo is mine.
I also loved the Everglade tour, it was so exciting. About the corned beef, the "flat," is lean and has a more consistent thickness. The "point," is the thicker end of the brisket, it is fattier. Point Cut is good for shredding, for corned beef I think that you should get the flat cut.
@LadyDuck that is what Mike got.Just curious
@amadeo Mike seems to know what is the best cut.
@LadyDuck yes he does
I didn't know there were two kinds of corned beef. I've always gotten the flat. Nice picture.
@just4him the flat kind is much leaner and the point fatty so I heard.
@amadeo I don't think I've ever seen a point, all my corned beef has been nice and lean.
@just4him you got the flat one there.Which is the best
@FayeHazel (17912)
That airboat ride looks fun, so do your friends. Ah not a corned beef fan, myself
@FayeHazel many are not.
I need that tour! I drove through the glades headed to the keys one year, stopped and the Indians cooked fresh Alligator, I love it, very good! I need one of those tours, any day would be nice. Yes that expression looks like she is not happy
@andriaperry yes or maybe a bit nervous?
I would enjoy riding on a boat through the everglades. I have never done that before. Great picture you shared with us!!!
@Corbin5 thank you
@mydanods (6759)
• Nigeria
I hope you get to see more animals next time. We don't have an Everglades over here.
@mydanods Not sure will be back there next year.
@FourWalls (13687)
Looks like so much fun! Glad you didn't have any encounters with alligators! As for the meat question, I don't know. I'm pretty much allergic to all meat except chicken. I think the wisest thing, though is to avoid any green meat, I don't care if it is St. Patrick's Day!
@FourWalls we did not see any.
I have read so much about the Everglades, it must be awesome to see it close up.
@Kandae11 yes it was.
I know absolutely nothing about corned beef other than I like to eat it on St. Patrick's Day. But that boat ride sounds like a blast!
She looks so serious
@dgobucks226 (12105)
Did you see any Alligators? Looks like a fun boat ride.
• Eugene, Oregon
Great photo! I would like that a lot.
I have never been on a airboat before. The flat is the best it is lean.
That's a nice photo and that sounds like a really lovely tour. Yes, I think Mike is looking for alligators.
@spiderdust (6155)
• San Jose, California
The flat cut is leaner, and is the one that I prefer, but it's also more expensive. The point cut is definitely fattier, but it has a lot of the flavor there too. I'm making Irish stew for St Patrick's Day this year, as well as some colcannon (mashed potatoes and greens) since my youngest daughter requested it.