BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER!!!!

@ammyluv (624)
Abuja, Nigeria
Hi everyone, How are y'all doing? Well, as for me, I am fine over here just battling with the hot weather. So, I wanna share a little bit about my childhood. Growing up in the midst of 6 siblings. As I posted earlier in my introductory post, I am the 6th out of 7 children, but I am regarded as the baby of the house a position that I accepted wholeheartedly. My younger brother refused to acknowledge the fact he's the last. He wanted to be the senior so that we fought a lot. Growing up we were like cat and rat, we don't ever agree on anything. But as we get older, we began to appreciate and love each other. He would give up arguments for me and willingly give to me whatever he had that I liked. He actually did become the senior. ???? As a lady that I am, with my nature to be defensive, I would want to take advantage of him and play the emotional card to get whatever I wanted from him. What am I saying? Blood is Blood! Yes, we fought a lot and weren't even the best of siblings, but I love him like crazy. I can go extra miles for him and even protect him with my last blood and I know he would do same for me. There is a saying in my place "The anger of a sibling does not get to the bones" So, if you're currently in this situation with any of your sibling, do not worry for it will pass. It's just some childish act, you guys will get over it. He is single by the way! ???? Thank you for reading and stopping by!!!
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Blood is not thicker than water in my family unfortunately
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Aww! Well, there must be some sort of connection.
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi. I love my siblings as well even if most the times I get annoyed from them. But the same they are still there when I need them and I want a pat in the back.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
That's the catch! Lol
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
@ammyluv siblings love. Both of you are lucky to have each other.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
@mlgen1037 Yeah, I am luckier
@Essjayd (1619)
I wish that was true for everyone! It's taken me and my brother around 6 years to become civil to each other! Even then I reckon that's as far as it will go we'll never be close we'll never be friends.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Wow! What could be the problem? Well, as for me, love covers all sin, but he that wears the shoe knows where it pinches him. I wish you and your brother can work things out
@Essjayd (1619)
@ammyluv Sadly being civil is the closest we will ever be! I love him and I wish him well in life I would defend him against anyone but we will never be close.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
@Essjayd Wow! Well, I guess there's always a first time. This is definitely my first. I ve seen siblings fight over some crazy stuff maybe landed properties, money etc but at least, there must be a reason for the fight. What can I say? You guys know better! I love the fact that you still love him despite everything. That still goes to my post "blood" it's a good sign tho
@miketagz (8820)
It depends but real blood has close relations than other relatives.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Yeah, but people have different experience
@miketagz (8820)
@ammyluv there's a possibility too.
• New Delhi, India
Its very obvious among the siblings.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Yeah, but I just got to know not everyone share the same view! Such is life
I've had more friends who became family, than family who acted like family, so.. Blood is not always thicker than water. Not for everyone. Glad it is for you though.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
I totally get your point! I know family isn't only whose we are related to by blood so I do understand
@jcvee2009 (153)
There is no perfect family, disagreements, arguments and misunderstandings are just common in one family. What is important is how you value and respect each other. They are the ones who will stay with you during the hard times.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
On point
@augusta123 (6376)
Siblings will always fight but love will always conquer, is he looking for a wife?