Only on phones, not computers.

@FayeHazel (18027)
Hi MyLot. I haven't posted as much as I usually would because something has been taking up my time. Namely - a new phone! It's been a long time since I've gotten a nicer phone. The one I had been using was technically speaking a smartphone, but it was so underpowered that it couldn't run a lot of apps. Including some of the factory installed ones that I had to remove to make more room. Enter my new Nokia 2. It seems to be middle of the road phone. To me, it's a huge leap forward. I can actually use navigation now (one of the things I had to remove on the old phone) and I can have apps. I admit I'm confused though. Are there any techy types on here that know why so many aps don't have a version to run on an actual computer? To a large degree I still enjoy doing computer stuff on an actual computer. I would rather use my computer than my phone but for certain things, but I can't, because the app won't run on a computer. Anyway, it makes no sense to me, since (generally speaking) computers have far more memory and space than a lot of phones. Also, as a side note, the only thing that I'm unsatisfied with in this phone - is the call quality. Ha. Figures. A phone that is a better computer, than a phone. Photo: Pixabay
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
What apps are you looking for?
@FayeHazel (18027)
The main ones I wanted were navigation, bitmoji and something called mindbody
@anikoonline (3174)
• Hungary
Many apps have a website. You don't have the app on your computer, but you can use their website.
@FayeHazel (18027)
Actually thank you that helped a lot. There were 2 apps in particular I wanted to use on my computer - and I found one of them I could after a few steps.
• Hungary
@FayeHazel I'm happy cause you could solve your problem.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@anikoonline You put up your avatar, Aniko! That's fantastic! Thank you!
My phone isn't smart, and in order to not run out of data, of which I have very limited, I needed to install an app @DaddyEvil told me to download so it would save my data. So, I can't help you. You might ask DE about it. He's the only tech wizard I know on myLot.
@FayeHazel (18027)
That App sounds good, I don't get much data either.
@FayeHazel It's called Lostnet Firewall Free. I have my settings all set to wifi only. And only for the North American continent. It cut the data way down.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@just4him @FayeHazel I know why Valerie doesn't have much data, Faye, but may I ask why you don't? I only use 1/2 of a GB through the towers, but I do use between 7 and 8 GBs through my home Wi-Fi. (I read a LOT of books on my phone.) Maybe it is the provider you use that restricts your data? Since I use so little through the towers, I use a company called Total Wireless. (It is a cheaper sister company to Straight Talk.) BTW, I found out there is another phone geek on myLot. (Actually, there are several of us.) You might see what @nitirrbb7 has to say when you are looking for phone help. He is the one I turn to when I have a problem or just want to talk to another phone geek. (grinning)
For some reason, thats just how computers and phones are. Some apps can only be done on one and not the other. I thought it was weird too.
@FayeHazel (18027)
Ah that is what I feared. It's so weird. Happy to know I'm not the only one who wondered about it
@FayeHazel very weird. Lol
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@Courtlynn Uhm... no, most apps can be run on either a smartphone or your computer, Courtney. (I left a link in my response to Faye.)
I have stupid phone.
@FayeHazel (18027)
lol! Nothing wrong with that. Honestly this phone is a better computer than it is a phone. Irony.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
(grinning and giggling) You know, even so-called stupid phones are getting smarter and smarter, Andria.
@FayeHazel (18027)
@DaddyEvil So true!
I am not a techy type, but I bet a few here will help you out.
@FayeHazel (18027)
Already got one handy hint :-)
And now some of the phones are better cameras than a camera.
@FayeHazel (18027)
I know, that is so ironic! lol
I still have not made up my mind to upgrade mine
@FayeHazel (18027)
I can't say I blame you. Seems like each new phone I get there is a learning curve
@FayeHazel I have no problem with my I phone.This is the first one and old.But works fine for me.
@FayeHazel (18027)
@amadeo As long as it works and you're happy with it , no issue there I think
I have a cheap ZTE, but I actually like it so far.
@FayeHazel (18027)
My old ZTE actually still works - it's actually really good as running apps and so forth . My only issue with that particular phone was the microphone - people couldn't hear me
Enjoy your new phone. I am probably getting one at the end of March.
@FayeHazel (18027)
Thanks! I hope you enjoy yours when you get it.
@kepweng (14956)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i thought nokia is phased out