A small recess from chores. The best china.

Chile
When I have guests, I like to do as much as I can beforehand. I don´t want to be tired when my guests are home. So now, two days ahead of time, I opened the dining room table and set it for 7 people. I had to wash my new-old china. It is my best, a beautiful china I had from my mother. This is the first time I will be using it and it took me some time to decide to do it. I normally have my meals in dishes that are not much beautiful or expensive. If the break, so be it. On Sunday, I will have to be very careful where I place the soiled dishes after the meal. Leticia asked me if I was also going to use the best glasses (Czechoslovakian cristal, also given to me by my mother). I said, no way. I would need a much bigger kitchen to place all that in a place where they would be safe. Besides, I don´t even know now how many glasses I have of each kind. The 1985 earthquake took its toll on some of them. More than 30 years ago, a life ago! It is funny how some glasses or dishes take me back to a distant past. Does it happen to you?
@Courage7 (18180)
No one better break any of your lovely china!
I hope not.
@Courage7 (18180)
@marguicha I do too as you treasure it from your Mother
My grandmother had a collection of china that she only uses on special occasions such as birthdays and during Christmas and New Year.
I will start to use these from now on. It is absurd to leave them for my kids when I die.
That happens when I see my moms dishes. I bought her dishes years ago that has mom on them.
Those have a value that includes your love
@marguicha oh yeah I love them.
@sharon6345 And I bet she does too.
@rakski (23294)
Me too. When we will have some people I do what I can so that the other things I will not do during the day they will come.
I also do that for my birthday party. I work a lot for 2 or 3 days. But my parties are awesome. Fortunately, my friends help me clear up.
@rakski (23294)
@marguicha good for you then. I clear up myself. Poor me.
We use our 'good' china and glassware all the time now. We want to enjoy it while we still can.
I decided to do the same.
@kobesbuddy (57231)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, I have things that belonged to my mother, also. Not china dishes, but other things that belonged to her.
I just discovered online today that the china I will use is vintage and has a good price online. WOW! Not that I´ll sell it.
@kobesbuddy (57231)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@marguicha Yes, that's because it's antique china! I have an old clock my father purchased about 65 years ago. I wonder if it's worth anything LOL
@kobesbuddy Everything is now online But I don´t like to sell whatever things the burglars left me last year.