Eating sweets after meal

It is a custom in my country to eat some dessert after a meal. It could be a fruit or a sugary treat. But I heard that eating fruits after a meal is not ideal or good. Do you agree with that?
@kepweng (10861)
your bulldog is cute
@Prdhan (603)
Looks like the pet is bitten right now.
Thank you! She is adorable! :)
@Prdhan She likes fruits and vegetables! :D
@dodoazo (17268)
I don't think so. Our family isn't used to eating sweets after a meal. Now I know the reason when I have researched the good and bad effect of eating sweets after a meal especially. The rice we eat has a glocuse, a sugar from carbohydrates when we eat sweets that kind of sugar has increased and it's not good especially when it's being burned out. It will develop a disease called diabetes. So it's not proper to consume sweets after meal.
When I was in Korea before, some people drink coffee after a meal. Do you do that?
@dodoazo (17268)
@judyann21 I never ever drink coffee though my parents were used to drinking native coffee.
@rakski (8292)
@judyann21 I do that. I usually have coffee after meals.
@mandala100 (35649)
@judyann21 I'm not sure about that my friend. I've been eating banana or oranges after meal for more than 35 years and I'm not sure if it done me any harm my friend.
My parents also do the same thing and I think they are still healthy. :)
@mlgen1037 (15023)
• Manila, Philippines
I eat desserts after meals but I eat fruits before the main meal usually in the morning.
@anikoonline (2535)
• Hungary
We have the same tradition in my country. Eating a dessert after every meal is definately not healthy.
I am just wondering, why is it a custom to almost every nations.
• Hungary
@judyann21 Maybe it is simply a nice thing to finish a meal with the sweet taste. But I don't know its reason.
Sometimes i eat dessert or fruits after meal. Not everyday bt once or twice a week
is it because you are craving for it after a meal? some people in my country even drink soda after meal. It is sweet and at the same time, they say, it helps them burp after a hearty meal.
@judyann21 Yes. Some of my friends drink soda after meals. Not regularly.
@lynnief (972)
I have read that if you are going to eat fruit with a meal, you should eat the fruit first to help digestion, but I have never researched it further to know if this is true.
• New Delhi, India
We dont have such a ritual in our country.
I have never heard that before but usually I do not eat sweets. I love the look on your pups face, he's adorable.
@rakski (8292)
It has been a tradition for us to have desserts after meal. I do not think fruits is not good.