The story of Radha Binod, our family deity.

Raurkela, India
Nearly 400 years back Kunj Bihari Das Sengupta(related to my in-laws) was working under the Muslim nawabs. He was an ardent devotee of Lord Sri Krishna. As he would offer his obeisance daily to Lord Krishna before setting out for work, he was frantically in search of Lord Krishna's idol. One day he was adviced in his dream to search the sand under river Baitarani(near Jajpur, Odisha)where he was stationed during his bath in the river. Next day when he took his bath he attempted to search the sand dipping in the river and succeeded in the third attempt to get a stone that turned out to be what is known as "Shalegram Sheela"
@dodoazo (20297)
Interesting for thiis the first time I have heard this search for a deity. Write more for I want to read it.
• Raurkela, India
Thank you for your appreciation. I shall continue with the story.
@dodoazo (20297)
@aninditasen Keep on writing. Many would be interested with your writing including me.
• Raurkela, India
@dodoazo I shall do that.