Mirrors, A portal?

I know I am one of those weirdos that believes in some things that cannot be explained and I won`t try to convince anyone that do not believe that what I see, hear, feel or smell is how they should believe. I am sure that I am what is called a sensitive, no I am not crazy.....well, there is no doctor saying I am, okay! I used to love having many mirrors in my house because of the light that a mirror can bounce around a room. When I moved here there was already a big mirror over the fireplace so I hung none, there was also this odd placed mirror in the bathroom, its big and I found it useless because the double vanity already has two large mirrors. I tried to take the mirror down but its glued to the wall, so I thought just live with it. After a couple years this mirror was on my nerves and it began to feel bad to me, so I tried to pry it off the wall, but no it was not coming off. So I hung two brackets for a curtain rod and I made a curtain to cover this mirror. The room instantly got a different feel, calm and settled. I also stopped having so many nightmares and waking to feel drained and tired. Last night while watching Dead Files I discovered why that mirror bothered me. Some mirrors are portals for the dead to come and go through. What do you think? Here is a link to another googled site.
What is it about mirrors that can fascinate and frighten us? Are mirrors a portal for ghosts and spirits? Do they hold the soul of a spirit? Mirrors …
• Riga, Latvia
I totally agree and it is supposedly true. I have had mirrors that felt alright and those that I didn't want around. I have even seen people ahead of me in the mirror. Today I would love to see my late husband in my bedroom mirror so I could tell him to come spend some time on my side. I also know that this is nothing to play around with as there are people who have found a way to get in but cannot get out again. Take a look at the link it is really interesting.
Do portals really exist between our physical world and the world beyond? Do spirits come and go from beyond the grave? This of course has
I will, I have heard that too.
• Riga, Latvia
@andriaperry you know what I just thought of. Yesterday I mentioned hearing knocking because I was thinking so much about my love. I have a dresser right against the wall of the room from which I thought I heard knocking. However, perhpas it was knocking from the mirror. Today I heard nothing but if I do again I am going to look straight into that mirror. It feels good to the room and the room has a nice aura so I am not afraid just curious and eager to see if there is communication.
That is extremely freaky. I will have to come back to check out the link later as my son is next to me and if he sees what I am reading he won't be able to sleep.
NO, don`t let him get scared.
@andriaperry Well I'm a little more freaked out after reading this and the link. I have two big old mirrors in my bedroom how am I going to sleep tonight especially since I am reading a horror novel in bed right before I go to sleep
I don't discount any of what you've said but if a spirit can come and go through a mirror I wouldn't have thought a curtain would stop it.
Blocks the light, they are attracted to energy and light is energy.
@andriaperry Oh I see. Thanks for that.
I feel like Dorian gray as I look in the mirrors seeing how I aged.lol
LOL, I do not think you look so bad at your age,
@andriaperry thank you.
@YrNemo (11824)
It is scary, thinking that. I love mirrors in general but some mirrors do make me feel uncomfortable.
I am sure its the older mirrors.
At least you got it sorted out.
Yes I did.
@UncleJoe (9753)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Becky likes a lot of mirrors but I don't. Who wants to be reminded that they are old and ugly when they are trying to remember when they were YOUNG and ugly?
LOL. I don`t think you were ever ugly
I say get a sledgehammer and get that mirror the heck out of your house,
lol.
@bunnybon7 (35926)
• Holiday, Florida
that is quite scary. it may very well be true. so many things on earth can not be explained . i am also one that others think is a strange person in my beliefs so no judgement here
LOL, thats a good thing them.
@Courage7 (5697)
I have heard about this. And yes that link is good for explaining it. Many believe they are portals. I am not sure, but I do take your word for it about the one you had. I am glad that you covered it. I have always loved lots of mirrors but only have one now.
I just have the bathroom mirrors and the one over the fireplace.
@ramapo17 (23369)
• Melbourne, Florida
That was a great idea with the curtain over the mirror. Did it look like a window was under it.
You cant see the mirror at all so for anyone not knowing the difference , its a window.
Sounds plausible to me. I totally believe in ghosts and hauntings. I've stayed in a haunted bed and breakfast before. It was so cool!
I'm someone like you. I believe in God and I believe evil exists, I believe in those that can harm us or make us feel terrible even when we don't see them. I never knew about mirrors being portals but I have always been scared of mirrors in places I am not familiar with.