alone in my bed

I'm not, by the way. I'm actually on the bus {who'd have thunk, eh?}. However, I was alone in my bed last night. Husband has left me. He's tootled off to stay in a hotel somewhere far away. He'll be back, you mark my words. By the week's end he'll be home, tail between his legs, making me nice cups of tea. Why is it that when I get the bed to myself I still sleep as if two of us are in it? I could sleep diagonally if I wanted. I could sleep smack bang in the middle, or on my back with my arms outstretched, in a Jesus pose. I could get out of bed on his side, nearer the bedroom door and thus saving me twenty seconds, but I don't. I did use his pillows to prop myself up whilst supping on my bedtime cuppa and watching the tellybox. I watched something I knew he'd hate, just because I could. The Marvellous Mrs Maisel. It was jolly good fun. And I think I've spelt it correctly. I was even able to get dressed in the bedroom! Oh my golly gosh. Heaven! And so, another day at work will soon begin. Lessons on Forest Schools and maths, before home to another lonesome evening of doing whatever I want to do. Happy day! {Don't panic! Husband is simply on a course for a few days, learning work-y type stuff.}
@dodoazo (17310)
You're free, aren't you? That's how you behave when you're all alone - free as the wind.
But I don't! I still do the things I would do if he were here, most of the time. :)
@dodoazo (17310)
@Poppylicious Nothing has changed therefore. Business as usual so to speak.
@dodoazo Except I have to do it on my lonesome. :)
I love to be free at times.Time for myself.
I do love my space.
@Poppylicious we all love our spaces.
I do the same the very few times my husband does not sleep at home. I sleep as he was there in the bed with me.
I might try to take up more space tonight. I fully expect to awaken in the same position as always though!
@Poppylicious My husband often get up more than one hour earlier. I never take up more space during that hour.
@xFiacre (4255)
@poppylicious I never sleep well when alone in the marriage bed so if she’s away I sleep in the spare room or just fester on the sofa.
Awww, bless. I tend to wake up and panic when he isn't in bed with me!
@xFiacre (4255)
@Poppylicious Oncein her absence (childbirth) I sprayed her perfume on the pillow to represent her presence but that just made me miss her more and led to a most restless night.
@xFiacre You're a soppy lad. :)
• Preston, England
I think we are creatures of habit so we tend to sit, stand and lie in the same places, almost accepting territorial boundaries
We're like cats, leaving our mark.
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious yes, and just as tetchy if someone / something else grabs our place
@pgntwo (21551)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
So true. Take every opportunity you can. Hubby's probably trying to get comfy in a rickety bed in a B&B somewhere, or worse yet, in some stuffy, overheated shoebox of a room in a business hotel somewhere.
Premier Inn. He paid for the better weefee and it didn't work. Lolz.
@pgntwo (21551)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@Poppylicious That just takes the biscuit - paid-for and unusable Internet access!
@KrauseHome (34986)
There are times being by myself is Freedom, and that is why most of the time since I cannot work, I enjoy the time alone. Enjoy the break and take time to do something Fun
I'm with my Mummy right now. That's always fun. :)
Have a good Monday.
Thank you. It isn't over yet so I am probably tempting Fate, but it's been most pleasant.
@peachpurple (12370)
Isn't it nice to have the whole bed ?
Yes, but it is also quite nice when he's in it too!
• Riga, Latvia
Interesting about the sleeping arrangements. Since my husband past away I still only sleep on one side. On the other side, I have books and some clothes but I will only be comfortable sleeping on one side. Enjoy your time alone then you will be more willing to share when he comes home.
I find sleeping arrangements always make me smile. When we go away, we sleep on the same sides as we do at home. When I stay somewhere without him, I still sleep on the same side as I do at home! I am definitely a creature of habit.
@YrNemo (11181)
Thanks for explaining. I was a bit worried there .
@fei1125 (604)
• Chengde, China
It's good to have rest.