Self Driving Car causes Death

@Elizaby (4086)
Pensacola, Florida
A self driving car been tested in the Phoenix Arizona hit and killed a bicyclist over the weekend going 40mph even though there was someone sitting in the driver's seat which to me is very scary. What cause the car not to stop? wasn't there anyway the one sitting in the driver's seat could have override the self driving car and put on brakes? Uber is the company testing in Arizona and I am glad I am not in an area that is being used for the tests living here in Florida. I dread the day when tessting is done and bugs supposely worked out and they become part of mainstream on the roads. I only hope that self driving cars will be required to be clearly marked so that we can stay out of the way
@Deepizzaguy (15491)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Having a driver less car scares me as well since it could be the wave of the future.
I read about it. I don't know why the person didn't slam on the breaks or at least honk!
@Elizaby (4086)
• Pensacola, Florida
Probably not paying attention
@Elizaby Perhaps that person was testing the car to see if it would stop by itself.
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I m not thriled with this idea, but I guess it wil give people more time to talk on the cell if they are not having to worry about driving.
@Courage7 (18207)
Yes I saw that very scary
We just read about this a short time ago. It will be a major obstacle for them I think.
Read this online. This puts into question the safety of using these self-driving cars.
@lynnief (1248)
I don't like the idea of driverless cars at all. I don't even like driving an automatic, I prefer a manual.
@Mavic123456 (15087)
• Thailand
ridiculous... self driving car! tsk tsk tsk...
@rakski (23475)
that is very scary.