I am intrigued by Amazon's Alexa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Echo
Not that I want to own it but I am fascinated reading about this device that takes orders - something like a personal assistant. It costs around Rs. 4000 and wonder if anyone here owns it and what has been the experience.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Amazon Echo The first-generation Amazon Echo Developer Amazon.com Manufacturer Amazon.com Type Smart speaker Release date November 6, 2014 Operating system Fire OS Input Voice commands Websi
@Essjayd (1619)
I don't have one but my friend got one as a Christmas present from her boyfriend! It was fun for a few days to ask it silly questions and laugh at the results but the novelty wears off pretty quickly!
@1creekgirl (11962)
Both our grown children have one, but I really don't want one. I don't like the lack of privacy when an electronic device is listening to us all the time.
We have one. I use it for music. We like it.
I don't like that. I value the privacy of my conversations. Though, the way I see it, it is a techie thing, which I think can't understand much as to how I can make it function.
@allknowing Oh so that's how it is. It will already make me so lazy if I have that.
@Mavic123456 (14463)
• Thailand
lol. it was predicted that AI will conquer the world in the future.
They can now interpret our voice and the cctv can see our movements. Imagine when they can read our thoughts. I do not want that to happen.
@Mavic123456 (14463)
• Thailand
@allknowing me too.... I don't like to be a slave of these robots, in the future.
@thelme55 (15059)
I don't have that. I don't like the thought of somebody might be hearing what I said. Well, I just heard about it.
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
No I don't own it but I wanna buy it.. It's really a smart gadget
@rakski (22100)
I heard about it here. Is that the one with a creepy laugh at wee hours of the night???