Favorite "Door" Songs #3 - "Poison Door"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I can hear you groaning "not again" from here! #3 in my countdown of my favorite songs with "door" in the title is a band that has appeared in about a gazillion teamfreak16 music countdowns: The Sisters of Mercy, with "Poison Door." Hailing from Leeds, England, The Sisters of Mercy are led by cantankerous vocalist Andrew Eldritch, who has been the group's only constant (unless you count their drum machine, Doktor Avalanche) since forming in 1980. Since then, the Sisters have released a total of three studio albums, the last of which was put out way back in 1990. There is a fourth album that that Andrew has been stubbornly sitting on for years, and the band plays songs from it in concert, but don't hold your breath on it ever seeing the light of day. Before any of those three records were released, the Sisters put out numerous singles, mainly because they wanted to hear themselves on the radio. "Poison Door" was originally released as the B-Side of their 1984 single, "Walk Away," from their debut album, First and Last and Always, on which "Poison Door" did not appear. It is, however, now available as a bonus track on the 2006 reissue of that album (which is the version that I have on my iPod, in case it matters.) You can also get it, if you can find it, on a bootleg called Some Boys Wander by Mistake. I've linked to a version recorded during a session from the John Peel show on BBC Radio. It has a pretty piano ending that wasn't part of the original version. Enjoy! (We are not a goth band info verified by Wikipedia)
Poison Door by The Sisters of Mercy, taken from the Peel Session recorded on 19 June 1984.
Sisters of Mercy......I have been searching my mind.....haven't you mentioned them before?
Once or twice, I think.
No surprise to see the sisters of mercy in your series again, on another note I found another good strain called purple pineapple express.
Ooh, that sounds good. I hope we can get that here, I'll be all over that if it's available.
Never heard this before. Thanks for sharing. Will take a look at them closer.
Great band, despite the fact that the singer is notoriously difficult to work for.
bonus track? reissue? damn it! i hate when bands make me buy the album over again! (having said that,i've re-bought kiss destroyer at least 9 times already)
Record companies definitely do that on purpose, damn them!
@FourWalls (14200)
Sisters of Mercy, my goodness, who would have ever thought they'd show up.... And a shout-out to John Peel. Man, he was amazing.
I wish we could have listened to him over here. I've owned quite a few Peel Sessions over the years.
I don`t know this one.But I like his voice
Oh yes, I do love Andrew's voice.