Question For Today- Snow Plowing

By DB
@dgobucks226 (12764)
With another Nor'easter hitting the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast U.S. as we welcome in Spring I thought this post was appropriate. For those of you receiving the brunt of snow this winter what is your opinion of your town's snow crews? How would you rate them? Have they adequately plowed your streets and highways? I would rate the snow crews in my town around an 8 out of 10. They come out promptly, always salt when necessary, and do a very good job clearing the streets of snow. My only pet peeve is after I finish clearing my driveway. The crews will come out again and do a once over plowing of the roads and pushing a few inches of snow back across my driveway. Now I must go out again and clear away that new snow before it freezes over. If it wasn't for the snow plow overkill I would give them a "9." I know picky, picky! So what's your rating? Photo- google.com
@Courage7 (8354)
No problems here whatsoever. Course I am in an apt complex that does all that and more. Its great.
@dgobucks226 (12764)
Yes, and if you have a walkway to your door they shovel that too!
@Courage7 (8354)
@dgobucks226 They do up the stairs and all with salt.
@dgobucks226 (12764)
@Courage7 When I lived in an apartment complex I do remember our maintenance dept. being very through too. Great they do such a good job.
@Morleyhunt (19894)
Between the public works crew and the friendly neighbour...I need to award a 10/10. The town even cleared the sidewalks. Where in the east are you experiencing the nor'easter?
@dgobucks226 (12764)
I am in New Jersey! Some parts of the state may be hit pretty hard. We may get up to 10 inches. That is a great rating for your snow crew send them down here
@Morleyhunt (19894)
@dgobucks226 port Elgin New Brunswick is just a small town. The crews are also not large, but they seem to do an awesome job. I don't want to share.
@dgobucks226 (12764)
@Morleyhunt Yes, with a score of 10 I can't blame you.
Our Chicago suburb had one snowfall that required snowplows, and I have to say those snow crews do a great job. Sometimes the crews are out when I think there is no need, but glad they stay on top of even a tiny bit of snow or ice.
@dgobucks226 (12764)
They definitely put in long hours when there is a significant storm in severe weather.
everyone has this problems.Nothing you can do
Well, when I lived in Manitou, I'd give them a ten. They were out at first sign of accumulation, and literally were out 24/7. Colorado Springs I would rate a zero.
@dgobucks226 (12764)
Wow, that is some discrepancy in maintenance! Thank goodness Spring is here
@dgobucks226 - It's snowing here right now.
@dgobucks226 (12764)
@teamfreak16 OMG- hope the Rockies are playing away from home, lol.
Our snow crews here are great. This year has not been so bad at all but, last year we had several snow days and the highway department did a great job.
@dgobucks226 (12764)
Giving them a 10? I do appreciate the hard work and long hours the crews put in to clear the roads.
@dgobucks226 ......Good work.
@Freelanzer (9394)
Sometimes they do a good job but the last clearing they piled all the snow in front of our driveway so I am not liking them very much
@dgobucks226 (12764)
Yes I know what you mean. They do the same here so I have to double shovel pardon the rhyme
• Rochester, New York
I'm really hoping that we don't get any more snow. I'm so finished with it.
@dgobucks226 (12764)
I am feeling like Jack Nicholson in the Shining right about now, ugh!
It must be difficult to get it right. We don't have snow so no snow ploughs here.
@dgobucks226 (12764)
Oh, I do need to visit Australia in the wintertime
Ugggh we are getting it now as 40 miles inland from the shores of Lake Erie, the snow is falling heavy and wet and I am back to hibernation mode till further notice