So now perhaps people will understand why I didn’t want to hand all my personal details over to Facebook

@Fleura (7191)
United Kingdom
If you sign up to Facebook you agree to giving Facebook rights to every single thing you put on there. I didn’t like the sound of that so I have never joined, and even though a few friends have tried to make me feel like a social pariah I don’t care. Now I feel vindicated because I know for sure that I’m not one of the 50 million or so whose personal data have been passed around. Maybe now they’ll understand why I didn’t rush to join the flock. All rights reserved. © copyright Fleur 2018.
Facebook, based in Menlo Park, California allows you to connect plugin apps specially designed to work with the social network, ranging from games and entertainment to fast-food delivery.
Well done you. I'm not on FB either. Today at the bank we had to give permission for certain details to be shared with certain other parties but sometimes you have no option but to do as you're asked or you can't move forward. We were simply trying to close an account.
@franxav (5075)
An Indian minister R S Prasad has warned Mark from meddling in Indian politics.
I was on FB years ago but haven't been there for ages. Did not give them too much info either.
It doesn't matter to me. I do not have so much personal data on there and it is a great way for me to keep in touch with the online friends i have made through the years and my actual friends from the states and just posted my page for my book of poems so it is something I need right now.
@iridion9 (7290)
I don't trust facebook and twitter also.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'm on Facebook but I never use it the most you'll see from you if I repost something or like something I don't add very much information
@tallawah (8598)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I played scrabble on line and was vexed, because if I made a mistake, for example, if I played too fast and posted exampel I'd lose the points and the turn. I found out there was a Scrabble on Facebook which rejected misspelled words and let you try again. I joined facebook using a defunct email address, and using a nick and my image of a sloth and nothing else. I played Scrabble. People I knew... that is people I have coffee with asked and I told them my nick and friended them. We toss jokes and articles we liked and I block people I don't know who annoy me. I've warned others, but alas. I am on Facebook but I doubt I'm one of the 50 M. As what are they going to pass around?
@Fleura (7191)
Sounds like you were wise to be careful.
@tallawah (8598)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@Fleura I'm Jamaica; anything that can be hacked, will be hacked. I've been using nicks and tricks since we got on in 1995
@Fleura (7191)
@tallawah Well done!
I do not have a single App nor do I have my FB account in a public mode.
@Fleura (7191)
I'm not sure that being in a public mode or not makes any difference, everything you put on there is still the property of FB, that's what it says in their terms and conditions (at least it did when I looked into it).
@Fleura Besides my name and email address I have not given any details. It is murder if they give out our email addresses. Will myLot and various other sites where they have our email addresses give away our email addresses too? It will be as bad as that. Also those Apps too walk away with a lot of info.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Yes it is obvious whp ln0ws what they do with all the info. I have heard of people being fired etc for th8ngs posted on Facebook
@Fleura (7191)
Yes some people seem to think they can put stuff on there and it will be separate from everyday life!
yup.i was always telling my mother in law not to post tracable information on there.
I abandoned FB 6 years ago.
@Fleura I understand why you did not join. He is also not a good person. I am on facebook.
@Courage7 (6007)
So you do not have a facebook? You are wise
You are so right, I joined to keep in touch with a cousin who has a FB account. I do not post photos, personal stuff, personal info there. I am even very careful using their Messanger.