Can music make you remember events or incidents in your life?

woman listening to music
My husband and I are music lovers. We have the radio on most of the day. Today, I heard a song on the radio that made me remember an incident from my past and it just made me smile. I am also amazed because I don't usually just think about that particular incident but was glad that the song made me remember. Do you experience the same?
@elico6666 (186)
• Kfar Saba, Israel
when I hear Romeo and Juliet of dire straits I remember my strongest love ever
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yep. Certain songs take me back to certain places and times. I can even feel the emotions I was feeling at those times.
@vandana7 (63594)
Oh wow...Audio memory..
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 Lots of connections in this tired old brain.
@LeaPea2417 (19789)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, it has happened to me.
@anikoonline (2969)
• Hungary
Unfortunately yes, music makes me remember events and stories of my life. This is why I hate radio that plays older songs, because I can't focus if I think of my past.
I am so sorry to hear that. For me, I love the radio and old songs. I am trying not to be biased because there are some new songs that I like but whenever I try to compare the lyrics.. the old songs were way better. There is a story behind the song, for the tunes now, I can't figure it out.
• Hungary
@funkeyguhl Yes, the old songs have deeper meanings and better than the new ones. But these deep emotions in the songs touch me everytime.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I take it some of it wasn't that good?
@Jessabuma (19994)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes absolutely. Whenever I heard the song entitled "If We Hold On Together" , it always reminds me of my graduation day, . I miss that time, I miss my childhood friends.
@Crafy117 (120)
Graduation songs made me sad back then,but now a wide smile is all I can give when I'm listening to one them
@Jessabuma (19994)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Crafy117 Me too. I just missed my childhood.
@Crafy117 (120)
@Jessabuma yes and sometimes I asked my self,where are they now? Well I mean our former classmates that out of reach.
Oh yes many times.Music is my thing.
Same here. I like listening to music and the things I remember from my past (good or bad).
• Pleasant Hill, California
@funkeyguhl Yes, good or bad. Some songs take me back to dark times.
@TheHorse yes so true on this.
yea,some good,some bad.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yes. Some good. Some bad.
Yes listening to a particular song can bring back memories . Good or bad ones also.
yes, it's true. I get the chance to think about the past and sometimes contemplate if I should have done better or what if I made a decision that is totally different.
@Raj7779 (2916)
• Ahmednagar, India
Yes always it remembers me something of when I hear the music
It happens to me too. And sometimes I wake up with a tune in my head of music I hadnĀ“t heard for decades.
@vandana7 (63594)
I have been through a lot of ups an downs both emotionally and financially. In a way I have become hard hearted. Not long ago, there were songs that could have me crying because I could relate to the words in my life or life of loved ones. Yesterday I watched one of the old movies and I was kinda...did I really cry in this movie? Don't know when I moved on.
maybe because you were caught in the moment that time, that is why you cried.
@frisca (1)
Absolutely. When you listen to specific music you will remember the past. It just came through your mind.
Hi, Music can make my heart be calm and confident ... I love music. But depend on situation. If I'm happy , I will listen the happy song...
@kaphokz (202)
I remember thunder by boys like girls because she's like thunder