Get Outta Here Already!

I woke by the alarm clock beeping and did not want to get up, but I know I have to and that its Thursday and these early mornings will end soon and I can sleep a couple more hours in the morning, I am sure that is when I sleep my best. Last night I pulled the lemon and orange trees back into the house because we had a freeze warning and I am glad I did, everything is covered in frost, all white and sparkling in the sunshine. Winter just does not want to leave! The wind was so bad yesterday it blew the greenhouse plastic off, but that is okay its not torn the claps just came off. I did not have anything inside of it at the moment, so far it looks and sounds calm out there. I have no idea what I will do this afternoon, I will just wing it today after work this morning. How are you doing this morning?
@Morleyhunt (19540)
A quick trip to the laundromat with @Platespinner...then we will hunker down for the next blast of winter weather.
That just makes me sad.
I'm glad the plastic didn't get torn. Sorry you had a frost warning last night. Today I'm not doing so good, but it will pass and I hope soon.
Oh no, I hope you get better very soon.
@andriaperry So, do I. It seems I've been attracted to every germ going around lately. I was never like that before. Today I just feel totally weak, and my stomach is upset.
@just4him You need vitamins.
@wolfgirl569 (2473)
• Marion, Ohio
Good morning. Long time no meet. Your weather sounds about the same as ours. Hope your day goes great.
HEY!!!! I have not seen you in a long time. Glad you are here. I hope your is as well.
• Marion, Ohio
@andriaperry Missed writing and remembered this site last night.I actually joined a few years ago. I put up a couple of posts about what has been going on the last couple of years. Need to dig my blogs out of hibernation too. George and Bunny have not been keeping theirs up either lol
@wolfgirl569 LOL, Yes I miss the horse!
It is raining here so that prevented my morning walk.
Scared of rain? LOL.
@andriaperry I am not going to walk around in the wet.
@JohnRoberts LOL , I was picking at you. Around here we use umbrellas......
@andriaperry andria, The wind sounded very horrible. My day is going ok. It is busy getting ready for our holiday that starts next Friday night.
Easter, yes I celebrate.
@andriaperry No andria. Our holiday is a Jewish one. It is called Passover and it starts next Friday nice and it lasts for 7 days.
@bagarad (11437)
• Paso Robles, California
I worked on finances all morning, paying bills and juggling money from account to account. We need to close our primary account in order to substitute a new account for it. We can both sign on the new account, but we have to wait for everything written on the old account to clear before we can close it, and we also have to contact our tenants to start depositing their rent money into the new account instead of the old beginning in May. We also have to switch which accounts automatic payments come from. The transition period is always hard.
I remember when I had to close an account after I fired the rental manager I used to have. It does take time.
@bagarad (11437)
• Paso Robles, California
@andriaperry The hard part is getting a straight answer from the bankers. I may post about that later.
@yukimori (9041)
Too bad you can't send some of that frost our way! We've had hardly any this year, which is too bad. I was really hoping to get some good macro photos of the frost patterns on the cars this time. It's been a bit windy here too. Good thing it didn't damage your greenhouse plastic. It's so darn destructive at times! I haven't accomplished much of anything today. I suppose I could just say that I'm working to hit payout here, but really I'm just wasting time having fun. Well, I did drag a box of stuff for charity out of the garage, and I suppose I'll get around to folding the laundry in the dryer soon. That'll count for something.
Everything counts.
@yukimori (9041)
@andriaperry True, true. I really need to remember that some days.
doing fine.Just back from the VA hospital for my yearly check up.
I bet everything was good too.
@andriaperry it was okay.
It was sunny and quiet this morning, even if cold, I went out grocery shopping. I am glad I did, because now the wind is blowing.
The winds are here now since that storm came through.
@andriaperry The wind has cleaned the air, the sky is blue and without clouds, but it's cold outside.
@Platespinner (16533)
I'm doing laundry this morning. At a Laundromat (Washeteria--depending on what part of the world you're in). I only ever have to do this on vacation. At least they have free WiFi )
That is awesome, we just had a t.v. when we had to go do laundry.
@andriaperry I am not a TV watcher. In days of yore I just brought a book to read.
• Marion, Kansas
We have spring here in Kansas today and tomorrow. I am playing "catch up" with everything and that is okay. I should think about planting some seeds tomorrow, I guess.
Many people plant on good Friday.
I've done the ironing but want to sort through the kids' clothes that we bought yesterday to just generally keep a check on how many of each size we're buying.
It is warmer today with sunshine, but still too chilly out there. Hope your weather stays calm.
Windy but not as bad as yesterday.
• Riga, Latvia
As usual at this time my day is coming to a close. Slowly but surely our temps are keeping up and by now we can see the ground outside. So hopefully the really cold days are behind us. Hope you have a great day.
I hope you have a good night
Wonderful you brought the lemon and orange tree in. I’m thinking of getting a peach tree.
@hostessman (8867)
• Tucson, Arizona
i am doing fine but it sounds like you may have a busy afternoon
Nope I am free this afternoon, I work the mornings.
@Courage7 (5533)
What a shame winter came back. Its gorgeous here today. I am fine hope you are fine and warm.
Its just cold at night, a couple days and spring is back.
@Madshadi (8953)
• Brussels, Belgium
Winter doesn't want to leave us either.
I cuss it.
It sounds like you are really getting spring quickly in your area. I wish that I could say the same, but spring comes here very slowly and gradually. We have temperatures below freezing every night and wake up to them in the morning. Our daytime high's are still lower then average for this time of the year, but things are looking better for next week. I'm getting ready to go into work soon, enjoy your morning!!
Have a wonderful day!
I´m still in bed, mylotting and waiting for Leticia to arribe. And deciding whether I will take a strong or not so strong pain killer today for my knees. I´m happy that I have an appointment with the knee doctor for April 5.
I hope you have a wonderful day and the pain goes away.