What was your first job & how much were you paid?

@ammyluv (624)
Abuja, Nigeria
Hello guys, After graduation, I had to leave home to look for greener living. I needed a job to survive and take care of my needs so I started applying to different organisations. I got my first job 3 months after. I never liked it, but I had to survive. It was a sales job, we were to market some international magazines and the pay was $30 per month. I was working, but swore to change job to another one as soon as possible. After 6 months, I got another one with $35 per month, but it was way better than my first job So, what was your first job, how much were you paid, did you enjoy doing it? Image: pixabay.com
@august18 (3769)
• Tunisia
My first job was that of a medical assistant and I was paid 120 dollars per month. It was so much fun. I would spend my lunch breaks watching CSI and the Mentalist.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Hahaha! You were lucky then.
@august18 (3769)
• Tunisia
@ammyluv Yes. Very lucky.
@TheSojourner (17306)
My very first job that I was paid for was a temporary job where I was hired to be a retail person watching the sidewalk sale merchandise. I was paid $1.15 an hour. When I joined the military in 1973, I was paid about $300 a months, but I had a shared room in a barracks and also they fed me. months, but I had a shared room in a brick and also they fed me. The same military member today makes $1,800 a month as brand new, plus the equivalent of about $1,000 for housing, plus whatever the financial amount for the food is. They make more than I do being 17 or 18 and brand new, then I do with my military retirement.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
I respect men of the military. It takes courage to serve. You're a great man
@ammyluv Thank you. I first served in the USAF; then in the USNavy
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
@CoralLevang so cool
After my exams at uni, I started as a trainee teacher at a secondary grammar school. It doesn't make sense if I tell you how much I earned. It was the year 1970 and Germany still had the Deutsche Mark, a currency which doesn't exist anymore. Now we have Euro.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Your grades must have been so good
@ammyluv They weren't exceptional but good enough to be able to study at uni.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
@MALUSE Okay
• Peoria, Arizona
I told plushies when I was 15 and I made like 10 bucks per plushie and made like 200 bucks in a year. Which is pretty decent for a 15 year old haha My first actual job was K-mart and I worked for 2 weeks with 7.80 per hour.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Cool
• Peoria, Arizona
@ammyluv totally
@mandala100 (48279)
@ammyluv My first job was that of a legislative staff and the pay is not that much but the learning experience you get from it mean so much my friend.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Well, money shouldn't come first all the time, experience matters a lot
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
@Paige32 Well, life is a stage
@lynnief (1248)
My very first job was when I was 14. I was in an orphanage, and would be sent to foster carers for school holidays. One of my foster carers ran a bakery, and let me work there during the holiday to earn a little money. My first job after I left school was in a milk bar/cafe. I can't remember what either of them paid - it was over 50 years ago.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Wow! It was a long time ago.
@1creekgirl (11364)
When I was a jr in high school in Hawaii, I worked at a small company stuffing patterns for Hawaiian clothing into paper envelopes. Don't remember how much I made, but the job didn't last long!
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Just like mine
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
Well , my first job was office secretary , my boss paid my school fees , tuition fees, that's how it cost. She helped me with my studies but in return I need to work for her.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Of course! Who wouldn't have? She paid for your tuition
• Russian Federation
I began working when I was 14 - gave tuitions for around $4 per 45mins
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Wow! You started early in life. Kudos
@Courage7 (11781)
I am so old that I do not remember how much I was being paid per hour. But it was working in a pastry shop was my first job at 14 yrs old.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Honestly, I'm amazed to see most people commenting got their first job at 14/15. It's so rare in my country. It's really cool
@levis2020 (171)
My first job is Supervisor Trainee in a Paper Manufacturing Company with a monthly salary of $80. I left after one month. i didn't like it.
@ammyluv (624)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Same here. Didn't like mine
@SRSaba (1013)
• Chennai, India
im a attender of one small company in 1999.. i got 30$ to 35$ depending up on working days!
@ammyluv My parents had a business so grew up working in their business.
@Madshadi (8922)
• Brussels, Belgium
A lifeguard for 100 bucks
I think once you have a job, it is often easier to get the next one. My first job was as a governess on a sheep station.