Talents

Green Bay, Wisconsin
People have many different kinds of talents. There are a few I wish I had. For instance, painting. I love beautiful pictures and would like to be able to draw them. Photography. Everybody takes pictures of some sort, but the true photographers know how to create the setting and get the picture that makes a person stand back in awe. Dancing. I never learned to dance, but I would love to learn, especially the old complicated dances. I would also like to be able to sing, but other than choir, I don't have the voice for it. Talents I do possess. Writing. You all know about that if you've been following me for any length of time. I'm working on my fourth, fifth, and sixth books to publish. Yes, I started work on another finished novel today. I've been restless with the different stories. I need to come up with good cover photos for the fifth and sixth books. Sewing. I bet not many of you knew I was a seamstress, and a good one. I've even made clothes for other people at one time in my life. I just got a new sewing machine so I can take it up again. Cooking and Baking. I love to cook. I can come up with recipes, and know how it will taste just by what I'm putting in it, before it's finished. I can do the same with my baking, though I don't do that as often. I do tend to follow the recipe when baking. My favorite thing to bake is bread, and I do not use a bread machine. To me that's cheating. I like to get my hands in the dough. I can also teach. Though I don't have a teaching diploma or anything like that. I have been teaching Sunday School since my kids were little. The Bible is my favorite book, but I think you know that as well. What are your talents? What is your primary talent, and what would you like to focus on that you haven't done in a long while? Thanks for reading. Image courtesy of Pixabay
@kobesbuddy (55599)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I believe my talents are writing poetry, singing, playing instruments, and speaking to young children, on their level. It's like a magnetism, they're drawn to me. I sketch pictures, only because I like to. All these things were given to me, at birth.
Those are great talents to have.
@kobesbuddy (55599)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him Thanks, I have never considered myself talented, but the Lord chose those abilities, before we were born:)
@kobesbuddy Yes, he did.
@Deepizzaguy (15054)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Writing is my top talent. The talent I wish I had is to be an animator of cartoon characters.
That sounds like a fun talent to want. It's great to be able to write.
@Deepizzaguy (15054)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@just4him I would like to draw the image of my original character Isthmus "Panama" Squirrel.
@Deepizzaguy I hope you'll be able to again.
We are all given talents, some of mine are writing and, cooking.
Cooking is always a lot of fun, especially when you experiment. Good talents to have.
You have some great talents. I'd like to be able to sew better but I can crochet well and make up my own patterns.
That's awesome. I've tried knitting, but don't have the coordination for it. To be able to make your own patterns is a wonderful talent.
@just4him Crocheting is so much faster than knitting and it is much easier to unpick if you happen to make a mistake.
@JudyEv I never tried crocheting because I couldn't knit, figuring it was just as complicated as knitting.
I like writing, but I don't think I could write a book. My primary talent is drawing and painting - and I would love to focus on oil paintings - I haven't done one in 15 years. I can't sing, but I can sew and I love baking - especially wholewheat or multi -grain bread.
You make dolls!
@andriaperry I do too - didn't want to make my list too long.
@Kandae11 That's great! I've seen your talent on here. Your pictures are great. And as @andriaperry commented, you make beautiful dolls.
@cintol (7861)
You are very talented, I don't know that I do anything really well anymore. I do love making wreaths but only if I can use real materials, I am relearning how to sew again after not doing it for many years. Other than that, being a grandma is probably my best talent. lol
Being a Grandma is a wonderful talent. I'm sure your wreaths are beautiful.
@cintol (7861)
@just4him Yes it is, I love being grandma. Thank you, I love making wreaths but here in Texas there are no trees, pinecones or anything else I put on them :(
@cintol Really? I didn't realize Texas was so bare of trees.
My only talent would be being great with kids. Though I love cooking / baking, and photography.
Being great with kids is a wonderful plus. I've seen people who could stand a lot more compassion and understanding in that area. Being able to cook and bake is a plus where your stomach is concerned. Taking good pictures gives good memories.
@just4him I suppose.. thanks
@Courtlynn You're welcome.
@ridingbet (59621)
i once had the talent of singing and dancing. but now, i think those talents are down the drain.
I'm sorry you feel they are gone. You can still make a joyful noise when you sing, and your best when you dance. That's what I do - make a joyful noise.
@ridingbet (59621)
@just4him hahaha! my voice is already gone and besides i sound like a transgender.
I wish I could speak multiple languages.. I'm a Jack of all trades. I can do lots of things, but none of them well except teaching. I excelled in that.
Being a Jack of all Trades comes in handy. I'm certain you were an excellent teacher, since it's something you loved.
@just4him Thank you. I loved teaching, but love my life now. lol
@DianneN I know you do.
@mandala100 (50680)
@just4him Thank you for this discussion my friend.
You don't have any talents to offer here?
I do have talents but no schooling for any. I do paint and I do take photos, I do dance. I do sing I am not sure if I am good at any of it but I do it. I cook, anything and everything. I am not afraid to try any new foods.I have written a cookbook but I have not published because I feel its not finished. I sew, no machine by hand but I want a sewing machine. I crochet and I can quilt. Wht do I love to do most is take an old house and fix it up, make it a home, live in it or rent it. Yes it is hard work and I dont know what draws me to do it..... a woman in a mans world, but using a hammer to nail a nail into a piece of lumber just feel normal to me.
I made the dress in the picture by hand many years ago. It's awesome you can do that. It takes a lot of patience. I can only wish to be able to crochet and quilt. Taking a house and fixing it up to live in takes a lot of talent and skill. You have a lot of skills, even if you don't have the education for it. You have the school of hard knocks behind you along with experience and that speaks more than an education does in some cases.
I am good at organizing a store and getting everything on the shelves. Sounds easy but there are lots of people who can not stock. I am good with children and I love being around them and teaching them. I am good at making up strange stories
Those are all great talents. I agree, stocking isn't easy. You need to remember to rotate.
Cooking and baking are surely my best talents. I can paint, I like to sew and to craft things. I would like to spend more time painting and sewing clothes.
I've seen some of the things you cook and bake and they look delicious! Being able to sew and craft is also a great talent. I hope you'll be able to find time to paint and sew.
@just4him I have found several fabric pieces in the apartment of my mom, some are really beautiful. I want to sew something.
@LadyDuck Then do it. I have all the material from my mom. The first thing I did was make pillows with it for the whole family for Christmas two years ago, to give them something from Mom. They all appreciated it.
I am good at conducting training, singing during my high school days, writing, speaking and dancing. But I wanted to learn the talent of cooking.
You have a lot of creative talent. If you practice you'll be a good cook as well.
@just4him That would be my next project in the future. I am trying to find my recipe book to start with. I know where I had put it somewhere.
@Shavkat I hope you find it.
@JustBhem (43004)
• Davao, Philippines
I can dance and I can sing, is that consider talent? I can also draw.
Yes, those are wonderful talents.
@JustBhem (43004)
• Davao, Philippines
@just4him How I wish I know how to paint.
@JustBhem It would be fun to learn.
My talents range from writing, of course, drawing/ painting/ sketching; then cooking and baking; I can dance to a beat BUT I am no Ginger Rodgers even though I have tried attempting the Viennese waltz or a great Paso Doble and singing well choir is NOT my thing yet I was in a band as the lead singer for awhile and now well throat is just not like it used to be--- range is all off in my opinion. I also love to tinker with older model cars more like re-painting and buffing and then painting them with great hood or trunk designs !
You have a lot of great talents. I have to admit, I didn't see you tinkering with old model cars.
@just4him that was my great uncles influence as he brought over several with family and friends who made it out of Ukraine and Germany with different models of cars between the ages of 1948 through 1972 when he finally passed . . . I was only 6 years old when he passed but all along while he was with me growing up till 6, I was under the hoods of those old cars, tinkering well and dislocating stuff and well trying to in plug and plug things back in . . . sometimes he wished I was NOT so interested and as I grew up I got more into the Chiltons manuals for all sorts of models and makes of automobiles
@enlightenedpsych2 That's great. At least you know how to fix what is wrong when your car acts up.
@just4him Valerie, you certainly do have some great talents. I am still trying to find my way, but, recently I did find something I feel I am good at and that is helping me with their cluttering problem. I like to get right in there and work along side them. I like to encourage them. I have had that problem and still get rid of things so I can relate to how hard it is to part with things. I am a salesperson and would say sometimes very good at it and others not so good.
Those are wonderful talents. It shows you're a people person.
@just4him Thank you so much Valerie.
@Hannihar You're welcome.
• Walnut Creek, California
I was a good baseball player when I was younger. Right now, music is the talent I'm glad I possess.
I've heard one of your videos on YouTube and you've got a wonderful voice and talent.
• Walnut Creek, California
@just4him Thanks! I suppose my favorite video is Pancho and Lefty. Having something to work on, like your writing, really does give life "meaning."
@TheHorse Yes, it does. I'm sure you are always creating with your music.
@MsBooklover (4097)
I can paint on china....I can make gingerbread houses.
Wow! That's awesome!
@just4him Thank you!
I believe my talents are writing , cooking , riding bike. I love riding bikes.
That's great!
@just4him thanks