I decided to pamper me.

Chile
About a half of an hour ago, my eldest daughter called me. She called me to cry on my shoulder, as she usually does. She is bipolar so I cannot blame her. But she has a wonderful BF and all her problems were derived of good times she had had. She had too much work (because she is the person with more vacations that I know). She is tired (because Alejandro will move to her house after they remodel it and she has workers at her home). She has had to change her remodeling plans (because they can´t do it all before their next vacation in June at Europe). She was crying because she gets so anxious. I told her that I accepted that I had to look at the house keys 5 times every time I went out. I will not commit suicide because of my obsessions. I will not cry my lungs and eyes away because today I have to company and I haven´t done much. So, after I hung up the phone, I went to the kitchen and made (and ate) a lot of scotch pancakes filled with apricot jam. I deserved it. Mothers need to be pampered once in a while. Do you do some nice things for you once in a while? What?
My pampering would be shopping or eating out i guess
I cannot do either. They are not in my budget.
@marguicha not always in ours / mine either. But making memories and enjoying life is most important to us. Then just getting money and paying bills
You should pamper yourself every day.
But not with food, please! I should eat less.
@wongchoiyee (7352)
I am sorry to hear that your daughter has this sickness. It can take our lives if not managed well.
She has her doctor, but still it is hard to cope sometimes.
@wongchoiyee Many ailment can be under control with pills. Bipolarity and schizophrenia are 2 of them.
@marguicha yes but its still a chronic illness.
@rakski (16428)
I thought you are going to get a good massage It is good how you handled your daughter.
My budget does not allow for massages.
@rakski (16428)
@marguicha That is okay. I think your pancakes with apricot jam is good enough
You did very well to comfort yourself, you needed it.
@kobesbuddy (46826)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What are scotch pancakes? They sound delicious! I pamper myself at times, by not cooking dinner and we order takeout from a restaurant. I'm sorry Tania is upset, but this will all turn out fine. She's needlessly worried and it will all work out, very soon.
@kanchan10 (2877)
• Kolkata, India
everybody need some self pampering. no matter what the issue is. those little thing goes a long way to sustain the challenges that life provides.
@Tina30219 (34272)
• Onaway, Michigan
My nice thing for myself is when I color my hair.
@nela13 (7128)
• Portugal
I pamper myself when I have some time to take care of me, like do my hair or anything else that make me feel better.