That Just Made My Day!

I have lived in this town for not quite five years and there have been a few people that I knew when I previously lived here and have been keeping an eye out for them. Well, today, when I entered Walmart, I told the door greeter that I wasn't sure if I needed a cart or not. She said, "Boy, you sure look familiar!" I looked at her and then looked at her name badge. Oh My Gosh!! I had to give her a hug right there and right then! We talked for a few minutes. She had to get more carts ready for the customers so I went on and got the few items that I needed. After I paid for them, I gave her my phone number and told her that we're going to have to do lunch some time and catch up. I hadn't seen my friend in at least 12 years and it was so good to see her after all this time!! That just made my day!!!
@Morleyhunt (19539)
I'm new in town, I'm in the process of moving to a community where I know no one. It's a long distance move (1000 miles/ 1700 km) so I dot expect to meet any old friends.
Well, you can make new friends. Or not. It would be rough to start anew at a place where you don't know anyone at all. I have been thinking about moving to a different state where I know just two people only because we met online and have been communicating through the internet.
@Morleyhunt (19539)
@bluerubymoon53 I've already met and made many new friends.
@Morleyhunt That's good. Hope you have found several who are quilters like you are.
@xiaolisu (1958)
• Shenyang, China
it's wonderful we haven't phone and social media at old time. then we meet someone disconnected for many years. it's so excited moment. but then i miss the old time again. adding old friends at social media then keep updating everything. it's boring.
I was very happy to see my friend today. ~~ I remember talking on the telephone and writing letters to friends. Now days, it is too easy to text or send messages on the computer.
Sometimes it's nice to see people you haven't seen in a long time.
It was so very nice to see her.
@Starmaiden (3735)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Such an unexpected surprise! I hope you get together soon. :-)
I hope we do, too. We have a lot of catching up to do.
What a wonderful surprise was waiting for you in the store!!
Yes, it was a wonderful surprise. She told me that she works mostly evenings and I told her that I don't go out after dark. Anyway, we have 12 years of catching up to do.