“Have you ever tried to clean a school’s toilet before?”

When I was in high school, most students hate to be late. Why? They don’t want a simple punishment and that is, to clean the toilets. It really sucks to clean them. We cannot have the regular classes if not being finished. The school principal is strict and needs to check us from time to time. All the messy things that you can think of are all in one place. It was like using the public toilet. “Are there any school punishments that you can’t forget?” “Have you had this kind of punishment?” Image Credit: pixabay.com
@1hopefulman (28482)
When I went to school and we were late, we got the strap. We got slapped 10 times with a rubber strap on the hands, five times on each hand. It hurt!
That's quite painful to endure. I had a teacher before in elementary. She pulled the hair in front of my ear. The reason, I forgot my homework. She is a devil science teacher.
@1hopefulman (28482)
@Shavkat I had a couple of teachers that were terrors and should never have been teachers.
@1hopefulman You said it right. A pupil's parent complained about her. Eventually, she stopped doing it. I also remembered that she pinches the groin of the girls. She is really a certified terror in our primary school.
With that kind of punishment I would try my very best not to be late. I don't recall getting any serious punishment in school.
I am so timid student during my high school days. This is the worst punishment during my high school days. I don't regret at some point because I had experienced being in such condition.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
Oh, I like that, Kandase! "You don't recall." I thought only the U.S. President could say that and people "believe" him?!
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@Shavkat But you are no longer so timid, right, Shavkat? I think we should find out who your employer is and suggest you get some kind of "punishment"!
Sounds disgusting. No, I never had any punishment in school, and I've never cleaned a public bathroom.
It is a really disgusting moment for students to deal with. In the public toilet, I had tried this once during my university days. It is a mission in one of the places in the city. It is the worst thing to clean than in school's toilet.
@sprite1950 (14042)
• Corsham, England
I haven't but my daughter did at one time. She said she couldn't believe how disgusting they were. What must these kids be like at home?
I understand what she feels. It was really terrible dealing with other people's mess in the toilet. Despite the signage installed in every corner of it.
@sprite1950 (14042)
• Corsham, England
@Shavkat Some people are just gross and need to learn how to clean up after themselves.
@sprite1950 I agree. Even in the former companies that I worked with, some employees are so gross. They need to be re-trained again.
@silvermist (20100)
No,we did not have such punishments.Anyway I was always careful to reach the school on time.
It is nice that you are always on time in your school. As for me, I need to commute going to school every day. At some point, I caught in traffic. However, it is fine because I tried my best not to be late after having such punishment.
@silvermist (20100)
@Shavkat May be this punishment was adopted by the school to make students arrive on time.
@silvermist It was, my friend. During my time, the teachers wanted to make the students on time.
No, I have never had that kind of punishment. Our only punishment was to stay after school for a while and just sit there. We were well-behaved kids and we sure did not want a teacher or principal calling our parents.
It is nice to hear that. I am also a good student during my school days. The only thing that makes this punishment because of tardiness. A school bus is not available during that time. Thus, some students and includes me need to commute going to school. Traffic is the culprit for being late.
@Shivram59 (3382)
@Shavkat Yes,we students along with our teachers used to clean toilet twice in a week.
That's nice. The teachers were involved in cleaning it. I do think that students can do this as a school activity.
@Shivram59 (3382)
@Shavkat Yes,and it's a good habit.I that should be adopted.Even Mahatma Gandhi,the father of our nation,used to clean toilet.
@Shivram59 I heard a lot about him. He is a role model for the people.
@Raj7779 (2933)
• Ahmednagar, India
No I have never experienced this types of punishment in my school life.
I think you are lucky. Studying in a private school seems so strict in terms of having rules.
@Raj7779 (2933)
• Ahmednagar, India
@Shavkat I have also studied in private school
@Raj7779 I guess we don't have the same rules in school. It is laxer in public school here.
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
That type of punishment is not allowed in our school. If any teacher tried to practice it it will become a serious Police case. Our punishments are not harder one.
That's a new thing to know. I am not sure if this punishment is still incorporated in my country nowadays.
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
@Shavkat It is a hard one.
@YrNemo (12668)
Funny, I can't remember anything at all re: punishment if we came late. Perhaps I never came late then?
Uhm It seems you are a good student during that time. Then, you are lucky.
@YrNemo (12668)
@Shavkat I remember those toilets were awful...
@YrNemo I can't disagree with that. It was so terrible to deal with the smell and litters.
@xiaolisu (1322)
i had been do this but it's not a punishment. it's my junior school i was a member of the student committee. the chairman of the committee give us the task.
It is a nice thing that it wasn't a punishment. I am sure it is very rewarding after having this task.
@xiaolisu (1322)
@Shavkat i remember i get ¥3 from that
@xiaolisu That's nice. You had something after doing it.
@Icydoll (19782)
Oh yeah ..but not like type of punishment..it's like cleaning playground..used to pluck dried plants and grass . only once I did that..after that always on time
Oh, it must be hot under the sun cleaning these grasses and plants. We also do this but not as punishment. We cleaned it in preparation for the school intramurals.
@Icydoll (19782)
@Shavkat punishments are also memories
@Icydoll You can also say that.
I was a teacher but I haven't encountered this punishment anywhere. I think it's a good one. Yet, I guess that the parents would be against it as being too drastic. Whenever I caught a pupil chewing chewing-gum during lessons, I told them to clean the classroom and scrape off chewing gum from under the desks and chairs.This helped for a while.
I think it is fine to give such task to the students. It can make them responsible and disciplined. In my high school days, we are not also allowed to eat something in the classroom. The punishment, we need to face the wall until the class is done.
@Shavkat Facing the wall is a very silly punishment. It is not constructive in any way. Yet, making a pupil scrape off chewing gum if you see them chewing gum in class is a constructive punishment.
@MALUSE It seems silly. But I think teachers were so uncreative in making their classroom rules.lol Now, I think they don't it anymore.
@Shavkat I do not remember any school punishments I had to do.
I am sure the students during your time are quite good and in order.
@Shavkat I guess so Shavkat.
@dya80dya (2977)
I wasn't punished in school . And this kind of punishment wasn't used.
I think you are lucky not to experience it.
@august18 (3047)
• Tunisia
No, but I'll do when I have the chance. I know it's disgusting, but I can't stand the idea that our kids use dirty toilets like these.
I agree. Some kids need to be trained despite being imposed as a punishment. I do think parents cannot stand seeing their children cleaning such kind of toilet in school.
@id_peace (6959)
The two usual punishment will be detention class and duck walk
We don't have a detention class in school. However, I had seen duck walk done by some of my Korean students before.
@ridingbet (53052)
no. never tried that
You are lucky, my friend. It wasn't a perfect place to clean. Hearing the complaints while doing it.lol
@Jessabuma (28425)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes cleaning toilets , scrubbing floor , grabbing amorseco plants and the last one is you will going to have flag ceremony alone. It's really embarrassing. Haha!!!
I do agree with you. I think the punishment is similar. We seem to be living in the same city. "Naimbag nga rabii, Kabsat!" (Good evening to you, sister!)
@NoorNoor (1189)
This is a weird punishment! and i dont know why students love to write on the walls of the toilet...
Some students were born to be bad. They love vandalizing the school toilet. That makes it hard to clean it up.