Will You?

Pixabay: topsy-turvy
By pgn
@pgntwo (21630)
Derry, Northern Ireland
As I sit here, enjoying the glimpses of sunshine beaming in through the bow windows, I feel a little at odds with the world. No reason, just a general air of "where is the world going", "why do I put up with it", and disillusionment at how the world of politics turns everything upside-down, inside-out and generally adds confusion where it should be giving clarity. I regressed back to my late teenage years in my music choice today, it all seemed so irrelevant back then... This track I remember well, that stirring sax that fills your ears in the last half of the track.
this is my all time most favouritest song...i had to be in the right frame of mind to be able to do justice to this song...so it took about 3 months on and o...
I do not remember this song. I was not exactly a teenager in the 80's I remember better the songs of the 60s and 70s.
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Some of the material from the 80s was really good - not because I listened to it back then, either, I think.
@pgntwo I had not a lot of time to listen to the music in the 80s, I was really a very busy woman.
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@LadyDuck I've had decades like that too, some of them have just flown by, no recollection of world events whatsoever. Sometimes it's good to pause and take stock...
@Courage7 (5699)
I havent heard this since I was very young. Thanks it brought back memories. Hazel was great.
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
It's one of those afternoons here, I think.
@pgntwo pgn, I understand what you are saying but there are also good things also. You said it in the first line by pointing out the sunshine beaming.
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Live for the good things in life, let the bad ones pass you by... and the sun was most enjoyable yesterday evening.
@pgntwo pgn, that is easier said than done. Bad things happen and it is stuff I cannot ignore.
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@Hannihar Bad things do happen - but it is pointless worrying about things outside your sphere of control...
@xFiacre (4418)
@pgntwo Was it really that long ago? That sax is really good at winging us back to whenever
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Pretty good at getting you into the groove, yes ;)
@xFiacre (4418)
@pgntwo I can’t really think where I was or what else was going on when it was part of the atmosphere. There’s a hazy hint of airports somewhere in my mind and a certain smell that speaks of friends houses, that’s all.
Why don't I ever hear of people being at evens with the world?
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Getting even has an altogether different connotation, I think... Does Hazel feature in your collection of vinyl?
@pgntwo That sounds rather odd
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@JolietJake Monsters in disguise, that's the reason the writing's on the wall...
@DaddyEvil (24028)
• Aurora, Missouri
Hmmm... not something I recognize, pgn... Nor could I see "kids" here listening to this. (Of course, I could be mistaken, too. I am definitely not someone who pays much attention to music.)
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Music for me falls into one of two categories - stuff to be ignored, or stuff to put me in a particular frame of mind. For example: I put Black Box's "Ride on Time" on when I need to work on something - it's from the latter end of the 80s. Flipping back to the other end of the 80s comes Rainbow's "I Surrender"... gotta be listened to loud...
Rainbow - I Surrender - High Quality From album Difficult To Cure If you want any other track from this album just ask! Subscribe for more HQ Music! Lyrics: ...
• Riga, Latvia
Never heard this but I like it. Thanks for sharing.
I have never heard this one. Sometimes regressing is good for the soul.
Don't think that I remember this song.
@rheicel (7333)
I'm not really familiar with that song. I'm gonna watch it later.
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
It should play ok for you, the original link I posted might not have. More important to listen than watch
@rheicel (7333)
@pgntwo I don't drink coffee and tea. Hehe But nice song it has deep meaning. I like the lyrics "What will be will be".
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@rheicel It reminds me of the style of this song, a little:
From Suzanne Vega 2nd album Solitude Standing (1987), this song is the reference track used by Karlheinz Brandenburg, the developer of mp3 format in its earl...
@vandana7 (63566)
I can't listen to it right now...but I will. I think there is a reason god did not make us incharge of the world. It is like class teacher giving work to a student who is dumbest in the class. You and me do not qualify but the politicians do.
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I hope you like it - the music style is 80s, and she's had a few people record her recently and post the (poor quality) videos on YouTube.
@vandana7 (63566)
@pgntwo It is nice. :)
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@vandana7 Glad you like it - I had forgotten how good a simple story can sound when put to good music.
@nitirrbb7 (3223)
This is the first time I heard it nice really a nice song
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Glad you like it!