Like I Say Some Of The Smartest People Are The Stupidest

Redlands, California
Guy builds rocket using Science and Math. Why does he want to build a rocket you might ask? To shoot himself to space because he does not believe the earth is round and prove to everyone NASA has been lying to us for the past 60 years plus. So far he has only been able to shoot himself 2000 feet in the air, but eventually wants to get all the way to space so he can say the earth is really a Frisbee. What a waste of time and resources if this is really what he is doing it for because all has to do is watch the sun rise and set. This is the crap that makes me think he is only doing it for publicity and money. How it shows there will always be people who will sell their soul for a buck. Do you think this guy is really this smart and stupid at the same time? Do you think it is possible to be really smart and stupid at the same time?
He must have some money to be able to make his toy.
• Redlands, California
Probably a bit of both, one would think he is taking donations and maybe this is to keep his name out there so he gets more donations. People who donate to him are not the sharpest tools in the shed either.
@akalinus (17275)
I think it is not cheap. I wonder if he gets donations from the other 'flat-earthers.'
@akalinus That would only mean that stupidity is contagious.
@Essjayd (1619)
Yeah definitely! Most of the smartest people I know have zero common sense
• Redlands, California
Yep, some are book smart, some are street smart and some are both.
@Starmaiden (6573)
These people are only looking for attention and are willing to put their own life in danger to do so. A rocket?? Really?? He only needs to take a plane ride to see the arc of the horizon. :-/
• Redlands, California
Indeed, and you would think the 2000 feet would have been high enough, but nope he wants to get to space to really show us we are being lied to.
@crossbones27 Doesn't the Space Shuttle offer tours for some few hundred thousand dollars? :-)
• Redlands, California
@Starmaiden It might, I really do not keep up with stuff like that. I know they have been talking about it forever. Do not know if they actually offer it yet.
@akalinus (17275)
I read about his latest blast-off. I can't imagine why some people think the earth is flat unless they are looking for their 15 minutes of fame. It would be strange if all the other planets were spheres and this one planet, Earth, is flat.
• Redlands, California
Indeed, has to be to get his name noticed.
@akalinus (17275)
@crossbones27 I just hope he knows what he is doing. Blasting off in a homemade rocket could be dangerous.
That guy is stupid, unless this is a form of publicity to collect money.
• Redlands, California
I think it was but now going to have a pretty big hospital bill because heard he had a rough landing and had to be taken to the hospital. Hospitals charge 800 dollars just for an IV. Hope he has insurance and pretty sure will still be a pretty good sized bill even with insurance with how greedy our healthcare system is.
@crossbones27 Wow 800$ for an IV is very expensive. It costs the half here and anyway is covered by our healthcare system.
• Redlands, California
@LadyDuck Indeed and say it only costs 1 dollar to make and that is the high estimate. Shows you how much they rob us.
I'm not sure I'd call the bozo smart. I've know quite a few stupid people who could read books and follow instructions but were they smart? Nope, they wouldn't have thought of it on their own.
• Redlands, California
I think you may be right. The whole risk for what ever reward he was looking for does not really add up.
A lot of people read about what someone has done or tried to do and they try to do it too without considering the repercussions if it actually works @crossbones27 to me that is really really stupid.
I doubt he's smart enough to wish or even think about a wish @crossbones27 he was just stupid and wanted to play.
@Deepizzaguy (13782)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Some people who have deep pockets of money will do anything to be noticed even it means risking their lives for petty things like trying to prove the world is flat.
• Redlands, California
It sure looks like it.
@Deepizzaguy (13782)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@crossbones27 Money makes some people very nutty.
• Redlands, California
@iridion9 (7809)
Your post doesn't make sense to me. sorry...
• Redlands, California
Sorry you do not understand.
@iridion9 (7809)
@crossbones27 I clearly understood. I'm a big fan of spaceX Your post is a joke right?
• Redlands, California
@iridion9 Nope, this really happened.
Yes this guy sounds pretty stupid.. I have a cousin that believes the Earth is flat. He has all this data that proves it and actually belongs to a club that believes the Earth is flat.
• Redlands, California
There is more people out there than you would think that preaches this nonsense.