Favorite Girl Themed Songs Which Start With The Letter D- # 7

By DB
@dgobucks226 (13252)
Lets continue with some of my favorite songs using girl's names with the letter "D" in the title. Introducing our songs today will be Australian songstress Helen Reddy. I am sure most of you know her from the megahit "I Am Woman," which reached # 1 on the Billboard charts. Although she is not on my own pop playlist I do really like her Christmas renditions. One of my favorites is "O' Come All Ye' Faithful." So, enjoy this video selection from Ms. Reddy doing another of her pop hits from the 70's "Delta Dawn," another # 1 for the artist. Hope this stirs your music knowledge while you ponder today's clues.... Do you know these Artists and Songs from these clues below: 1. This Welch singer's career spanned six decades. You might recognize this artist's name from his many hits of the 60's and 70's. One tune, "What's New Pussycat" was featured in a movie of the same name. Other hits included "It's Not Unusual" and "She's A Lady." Our mystery song has a very catchy chorus which begins My, my, my. Often inebriated crowds find themselves singing along. Fun Fact: This song was recorded by The Ventures of "Wipeout" fame. 2. This trivia tune is off the Days Of Future Passed album and was written by keyboard player Mike Pinder. This idea for a concept album was influenced by the band's listening to another group called Cosmic Sounds which produced an LP called "The Zodiac." The time of day the group was writing about was sunrise. Which is another way of describing part of the song's title. 3. This mystery song became his breakout hit, entering the charts on December 15, 1958 and peaking at #2 on February 23, 1959. This artist died in a plane crash along with Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper on February 3rd 1959. The B-side of this single was "La Bamba," a traditional Mexican song. A movie was made about this singer called La Bamba starring Lou Diamond Phillips in 1987. There is our musical tutorial for today. Use those clues! Enjoy the continuing series, comment, check out the trivia answers and see if their your favorites too. And as always, thanks for reading my music post!!! Source- Wikipedia & songfacts.com Photo- treadwellsmusic.com
Her number one song from 1973. This song was number one for one week. http://www.youtube.com/user/numberonesongs111 http://www.youtube.com/user/numberonesong...
1. Tom Jones. Who else? 3. Oh, how I remember La Bamba! I must have heard it a zillion times.
I LOVE Tom Jones @MALUSE and had the rare opportunity to see him in concert with momma way back in the late 70's . . . I even got his neck tie he was wearing that night , white silk !
@dgobucks226 (13252)
A Richie Valens song. You should like this video then
I fianlly got it up in High Definition so please enjoy the video Lamba R.I.P Ritchie Valens
@dgobucks226 never did like this song La bamba, sorry DB !
@1hopefulman (31606)
1) Tom Jones (that was easy). Anybody that knows the Bible knows the story of Samson and Del.... 2) I guess Dawn is in there but I don't think I now either the song or the group. Didn't the Four seasons also have a song with the same name? 3) The word means woman is Italian. The singer is Ritchie V....
@dgobucks226 (13252)
Nice job Felix! As the singer "Meat Loaf" would say, 2 out of 3 ain't bad Here are the answers in full... Trivia Answers: 1. Delilah- Tom Jones 2. Dawn Is A Feeling- The Moody Blues 3. Donna- Richie Valens Did not know that about # 3 That's simpatico!
@1hopefulman (31606)
@dgobucks226 Are you Italian?
@dgobucks226 (13252)
@1hopefulman Yes, on my father's side.
As far as I know Helen Reddy only 'covered' this song but not actually wrote it, right ? First I heard of it, was sung by Tanya Tucker . . .
@dgobucks226 (13252)
Written by Larry Collins and songwriter Alex Harvey. Tanya Tucker recorded it first in 1972 and had a top ten hit with Delta Dawn. She was only 13 at the time!!!!
@FayeHazel (19039)
Ah I only have #1 - "Delilah" - Tom Jones :-) As a side note I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Delta which I call... what else? ... Delta Dawn
@dgobucks226 (13252)
Of course a delta should be called Delta Dawn Makes perfect sense. Here are todays answers----- Trivia Answers: 1. Delilah- Tom Jones 2. Dawn Is A Feeling- The Moody Blues 3. Donna- Richie Valens And in honor of your Olds here is that Mr. Jones video. Great horns btw.
??? ????? ?????? (my new channels): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrFi_SRWezWFUGdxi_QQVrg/videos
@FayeHazel (19039)
@dgobucks226 Sweet! Ms. Delta Dawn is blushing I'm sure ;-)
Delilah Tom Jones Dawn Moody Blues Donna Ritchie Valens
I do know number 1 is Tom Jones singing about Delilah.
@dgobucks226 (13252)
Yes he is! 1 is always better than none Thanks for playing and here are the correct answers.... Trivia Answers: 1. Delilah- Tom Jones 2. Dawn Is A Feeling- The Moody Blues 3. Donna- Richie Valens
@SRSaba (1013)
• Chennai, India
Good, we will continue..