Don't You Just Hate Waiting for a Delivery?

On Saturday we went to Job Lot and picked a new Serta Mattress for our bed here in Florida. The old mattress came with the house when we bought it. While I liked the mattress, it was too soft for Al, with the Parkinson's he has difficulting rolling over in bed if the mattress is too soft. We tried out a few beds there and decided on the one that would allow both of us to sleep well. With the arthritis in my shoulders, I need at least a little padding to sleep on my side. They told us the mattress would be delivered on Tuesday and since we live 2 miles from the store it probably would be early in the day. We also had to pay $59 for the delivery. At 10 a.m. yesterday I got a call telling me delivery would be between 11:30 and 1:30. Don't you love a 2-hour window? At 2 p.m. I got a call saying they were on their way, at 2:30 I got a call that they were stuck in traffic. At 3 p.m. they arrived. Basically my entire day yesterday was spent waiting for that darn mattress. But, after my first good night's sleep on it, I think it might just have been worth the wait. It is a little firm for me and I wish it had a little more padding on the top but I do feel rested and Al had a lot less trouble rolling over so it was worth the wait.
It is like your life is in limbo waiting.
Exactly, it reminded me of waiting for the cable guy lol
Time can go so slowly when you're waiting for something to arrive. I'm glad the mattress suits you both.
I guess we will know better after a few days but for the moment, hubs is very happy!! lol
@BelleStarr We went to Ikea while we were in Perth and you can have their mattresses on trial for a month which seems very reasonable, It's hard to try out a mattress properly on a showroom floor.
@JudyEv I agree and I had to buy a mattress topper for me, the mattress was too firm for my arthritic shoulders.
All good things are worth the wait. Our new furniture, in CT, arrived on the dot. It's amazing how they contact you these days and have become so much more accurate. I hope you both get many more restful nights with your new mattress, Iz.
Thank you, I sure do hope so. Last night was pretty much par for the course.
Yep, we are held hostage in our homes when waiting for something to be delivered. So glad to hear your wait was worth it!
Yes and the delivery men were neat, efficient and very helpful.
@Hate2Iron (7942)
Glad that it worked out for you. Patience is one area that I'm working on. One area I really need to come to terms with!!
I got some things done online but it was still annoying.
I especially hate waiting for delivery when you are given a day, but no approximate time. I've got one of those coming at work tomorrow...no idea when, but I need to be ready for it when it arrives.
Yes don't you love that, it's; like our time has no value, we are just expected to give the whole day up to wait.
Good things come to those who wait. At least you are happy with your purchase.
Yes so far it seems to be a very comfortable mattress.
The last couple of furniture deliveries we have had were right on time. But waiting like that, for most of the day, would be a bit of a downer for me as well. Hopefully tonight's sleep will be an improvement and you'll be happier with your choice.
In a worst-case scenario, I will buy a twin size topper for my side of the bed and that should keep us both happy.
@redurnet (1566)
Glad it was worth the wait. It can be frustrating waiting for things to arrive.
Yes especially when it means you have to sit around all day,