Visited a Dentist and I am poorer by 530 rupees

@franxav (5064)
My upper right molar tooth has been hurting since yesterday. I went to our regular dentist but he was late in coming so I went to another one. He examined me and told two teeth are bad and they should be extracted. He prescribed an x-ray and three medicines. By the time I was through I was poorer by 530 rupees. I'll return to the dental clinic on Monday. That means I should be ready to cough up more money. Still, I should say I was let off rather cheap because I must get rid of the pain sooner than later. I have work to do during the Holy Week. Share your dental experience if you have any.
Dental care is very expensive in the USA, even with dental insurance. I love my dentist. He is from Taiwan. Never, ever has my dentist caused me any pain. My whole family goes to him because he is absolutely wonderful. We are all like family.
@franxav (5064)
Dr.Chang is my regular dentist. Now, he has a young assistant who is equally talented.
@franxav That is great. I have Dr. Cho. His son is doing his internship with him now, and my sister says his son is very, very good. His son will takeover when Dr. Cho retires soon.
@mlgen1037 (29658)
• Manila, Philippines
Dont we all get a little poor when we go to the dentist? I was in the dentist last week of February to have my teeth checked and cleaned. All was good and my dentist is happy because no cavities. After six months, I will be back again.
@franxav (5064)
That tells you're taking good care of your teeth.
@mlgen1037 (29658)
• Manila, Philippines
@franxav I want to. My dentitst will kill me if I dont.
Could you tell us how much in U.S. money is the sum of 530 rupees?
@franxav (5064)
Comparing with US money it's not much, it is close to 8 dollars.
@ridingbet (52821)
it is good to have a good set of teeth. it is also never an expense spending for the teeth
@franxav (5064)
You're right. For our health we must do whatever we can.
@Bhebelen14 (5206)
I went to the dentist yesterday for dental cleaning and prophylaxis.
@franxav (5064)
Your smile will be brighter now.
@xFiacre (4438)
@franxav I find that the bill is smaller when I don’t take anaesthetic.
@Starmaiden (5888)
Last September I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. My teeth are very sensitive so the dentist had to Euthanize...I mean anesthetize my teeth and gums before the hygienist could clean. I was told that I needed a number of fillings. They can only do two teeth per day so they booked me 5 appointment dates in October to get my fillings done. I was admitted to hospital on the 10th of October with a diagnosis of pneumonia and spent 25 days in the hospital, therefore I missed 4 of my 5 scheduled dental appointments. They day after I was released from hospital I called the dentists office and explained why I had missed all of my appointments. The receptionist says; "Can you come in on Wednesday...?" I cut her off before she could finish. "Did you not hear what I just said? I spent a 25 day ordeal in the hospital, being poked and prodded every day with needles, I am now taking blood thinners for some unexpected blood clots, and you expect me to come joyfully and receive more needles?! If you think I'm going to let a dentist touch me while I'm taking blood thinners you are out of your damned mind!" I still haven't been back. :-D