Another case of the poops!

It's trash day here. When we don't bring our trash bin in immediately after being picked up -- someone is bound to toss their dog's poop bag in! It's really annoying to the point that neighbors put up signs that say, "no dog poop" or signs to say clean up after your dog. It's really disrespectful to the community, the HOA even provides complimentary dog bags. For a household that does not own any pets or a dog, I don't want dog poop in my trash bin. Plus, now we have to wait ANOTHER week to get rid of it, not to mention the person didn't have the common decency to tie the bag either. So the bag could easily smear at the bottom of our trash bin. I think my fiancé dug it out and tied it though. Regardless, pet owners should really be responsible.
Even with the HOA providing complimentary dog bags, they still do that? I can't understand how people can be so irresponsible.
For those who do not pick up after their dogs, I don't know why especially since HOA provides complimentary dog bags. Theres like a little station with the stand & bags + trash area.
@infatuatedbby And why couldn't they just go there? I think they're just too lazy and they just want to dump it at the nearest trash.
@toniganzon I have no clue. Or wait until they get home!
@Plethos (10453)
thats disrespectful. your dogs poop, your trash can. and to think this morning i saw a dog sniffing around the front lawn, i got a handful of paintballs and a slingshot, snuck out. saw him about to get ready to squat and then blam! paintball to his butt! ive never seen a dog run really fast in a squat position while pooping at the same time down the street.
What annoys me is the dog owners here let their dog out , to go on other peoples lawns not their own. 424829402 dogs go on our lawn , but their lawn is 100% green, no one goes on theirs! -_- Was it a stray dog?
@Plethos (10453)
@infatuatedbby - im assuming it is, i saw no collar, so no collar means no tags means no owner.
@Plethos Yep .. I don't get a lot of those here though. Do you?
@ramapo17 (25273)
• Melbourne, Florida
That is really disgusting even if it is in a bag. The people should put it in their own garbage.
Exactly, either throw it in they own garbage bin or a public trash can like at the park or something. Not in someones daily garbage bin when it has ALREADY been dumped. I mean if the trash bin is full & going to be dumped, yeah I wouldn't know. But it's an empty bin that's been dumped! Common, right!?
@ramapo17 (25273)
• Melbourne, Florida
@infatuatedbby It is not right but some people don't care what is right or wrong.
@ramapo17 Yeah, I don't think it is right either. Some don't even pick up after their dogs and HOA provides complimentary trash bags all around the neighborhood..
That is so rotten! Some people have no respect for others, and I don't blame you for being upset. On the plus side, at least they are ridding the sidewalk from poop! lol
We don't mow our lawns, HOA deals with the poop. But we have that problem too being a corner house. I just don't walk in the grass period because there is always poop somewhere!
@infatuatedbby Oh, yuck!
@DianneN Totally!
How rude this is! It's disgusting, people have special bins where to deposit the dog poop bags, they cannot throw them in other people bins.
Very rude and inconsiderate. We do not have special bins here.
@infatuatedbby They should place special bins for those dog bags.
@LadyDuck There really should .
Yes they should not be using your garbage can to put dog poop in.
Nope whomever it was is very rude!
they do that here too.i feel like flinging it back at them.
Too bad I can't figure out who! Too many dog owners.
@ricki_911 (19785)
• Toronto, Ontario
That is rude! I'd consider least they throw it in the bin instead of the lawn!!
If they did on the lawn, HOA deals with it anyway.... but, at least tie the bag!
@sunrisefan (19137)
Different situation for us - sometimes neighbors bring their dogs out and the dogs' pooh on the grass outside our fence which I've always been trimming and cleaning.
That's rude! Do you say anything to your neighbors?
@sunrisefan (19137)
@infatuatedbby Yes, rude indeed. One time I told the guy bringing the dogs on a walk not to let their dog poop on the grass outside our fence. Still I find dog poop at times and I can't whose dog it is doing it because we have at least 2 neighbors who let their dogs out. Sometimes it could be dogs from outside our village that comes in.
@sunrisefan Darn, I hate when that happens. Same with us so many we can't assume who it was.
@sprite1950 (14498)
• Corsham, England
We get that here and it makes me so angry as there are bins provided especially for dog poop. What's wrong with people.
I have no clue what is wrong with people. Today in the neighborhood someone posted a sign that says pick your dog poop - we have cameras now! Many are getting frustrated and annoyed.
@sprite1950 (14498)
• Corsham, England
@infatuatedbby I don't blame them. Why can't they take it home and put it in their own bin?
@sprite1950 I don't know why. But I do see dog owners take their pet out to go on other peoples lawns but never theirs.
I agree pet owners should be responsible BUT non-pet owners should understand it is JUST excrement and when a human babies diapers are left in a trash bin without being properly disposed of, what then ?
It's a different story though. This is my trash bin. I don't want poop smeared in my trash bin. If someone throws it in, at least tie or knot the bag so the smell won't escape or have the poop be smeared on when trash goes in the bin. If it's owned or public property like a restroom at a mall, gas station, at the park - then the owners have to accept it as some customers have babies.
@infatuatedbby I hear your frustration and have you alerted local law enforcement on pet control ?
@enlightenedpsych2 Well its not stray dogs or anything. It's just irresponsibly pet owners in the neighborhood.
@moffittjc (44667)
• Gainesville, Florida
Those pet owners could argue that they ARE being responsible by throwing away their dog poop in your trash bin, instead of leaving it on the ground! It's all just a matter of perspective! But I agree with you, it kind of sucks if you have poop sitting in the bottom of your trash bin for a whole week, where it can fester and stink up your bin, especially if they don't tie the bag before throwing it in. In our neighborhood, we have the little poop bags available as well, along with small trash cans spread around through the neighborhood for people to throw their poop bags in, but the problem we have is that people scoop the poop into the bag, tie it off, and then throw the bag into bushes or landscaping around the neighborhood. Our poor landscaping guys are always having to pick up dozens of those bags every week and throw them away properly.
Yes ~ The pet owners could argue that they're disposing their poop in the trash can & at least not leaving it on the lawn, sidewalk, etc. But they also have to think how inconsiderate they are to toss the trash without at least tying the bag. What if I did the same to their trash bin, I doubt they'd be happy. I am pretty sure the poop would smear especially when trash gets tossed in and it moves around.. then it'll stink up the bin! My fiancés dad used to wash down the trash can like once a month. I don't know anyone who does but a lot of people in the community do. I do feel bad for the landscapers here too, lots of poop in the neighborhood its so ugly! Or the baggies not properly disposed. I agree with you on that one!
@moffittjc (44667)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby I always take the lazy way to clean my trash bin...I just pour bleach in it and let it work its magic! lol
@moffittjc Not bad!!! I should rely that info to my fiancé to do!
@cintol (7659)
Some pet owners have no respect for others and I think its disgusting. If your going to own a pet, clean up after it and dispose of it in your own trash. Sorry you have to deal with that kind of thing
It has happened a couple of times. It is sure annoying. I guess if a household has pets already they wouldn't mind as much but coming from a home that doesn't - I would rather not have it in my bin.
@cintol (7659)
@infatuatedbby I don't blame you, I wouldn't want it in mine either.
@cintol Now we have to wait another week until trash day. This time we will be sure to bring the bin in immediately
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
There will always be people who has no common sense and stupidity is part of their names.
Yeah -_- I don't get why they own pets. At least be responsible.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
@infatuatedbby maybe they thought having a pet is okay but cleaning the waste is not their responsibility.
@mlgen1037 Yeah who knows what they're thinking...
This neighbor is really inconsiderate. I just wonder is it possible for this person to flush the dog poop into their toilet?
I’m not sure if people flush dog poop. But I did read an article that people should it’s more eco friendly for the environment.
@infatuatedbby In fact I always think that pet owners will train their dogs go to the toilet. It is much more convenient for them to clean it. It makes me feel terrible to store them in the bag for days
@youless I don't think that is common but it would be more eco-friendly but maybe separate toilet though :)
@MsBooklover (4033)
Here people with dogs put their doggie poop bag anywhere and everywhere. Some of them don't even clean up after their dogs. They do it on the ground and walk away.
Yes it happens too. Sad that people cannot be responsible.
@infatuatedbby I know, and I don't know what the answer is.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
This is why I'm glad we have four and a half acres and Harley has plenty of room to poop in
Lots of room for Harley to run around :)
Such irresponsible pet owners... other people in our area let their dog poop in somebody's front yard. They walk their dogs and when it stops to find their spot, it poops in there and the owner just let them do that. I just don't understand what's on their mind about this.
Yet they NEVER have their pet poop on their yard or pee. They always take their pet out and do it on other peoples lawn. It's only natural pet/humans need to go but one has to clean up after themselves too.
@dodo19 (33316)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That is not right. They shouldn't be throwing it in someone's garbage can. It makes no sense.
Yep no sense what so ever!
I agree, I have people let their dogs crap in my yard at the other house, no they do not pick it up, they leave it!
I hate when that happens.. especially since there should be no reason to here since HOA provides complimentary bags too, to try to eliminate that issue.