Experiencing A Major Health Issue

@KrauseHome (35034)
I am sure in our lifetime we have known family and friends who have died from Cancer etc, We probably know ones who have survived it as well and usually willing to help more with their life knowledge they have learned because if it. Are you a Survivor of Cancer or some other disease or experienced a Life Death experience that has helped make and shaoe who you are now? Mine would be last May when i got the Spider bite on my back and had to have emergency surgery. To realize I was probably less than 48 hrs from possible death is an eye opener and makes me more thankful for who I am and what I have. What about you? ~~TINA~~
@TheSojourner (17454)
Yes, it was nearly six years ago that I was told I had six months to a year to live. I have is stage 4 cancer that has no cure or chemo to get rid of it, currently. All we can do is live day by day. Anyone of us, at any age, can have something happen. The way that I look at life now is that we're all living with something,, and if we're not living to the fullest and are not truly living. I am not dying of cancer I'm living with it. I tell people I'm just glad I'm not living with stupidity! This situation and a couple of other things that I've seen in my life have taught me how to just live each moment.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Learning to live life One Day at a time making the best of each moment is important, Praying for you and wishing you all the Best
@KrauseHome we still need to get together! I was over in Tacoma the other day and was thinking about you.
@KrauseHome (35034)
@TheSojourner Yes we do.
@1hopefulman (28461)
True, some years ago I had a health challenge that I thought was going to kill me but I'm still here and it is now manageable. We do appreciate the gift of life a bit more because of it.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Many times i think Health challenges make us stronger as we can be more Thankful for each day we have and what others are going tnru
@1hopefulman (28461)
@KrauseHome Good way of looking at things!
@bunnybon7 (36497)
• Holiday, Florida
have had a lot of those days i thought would be my last. mostly it has made me afraid almost all the time of nearly every thing. i would like to be upbeat about it but seldom can.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Many times it is hard to keep upbeat especially in the midst of your trial
@bunnybon7 (36497)
• Holiday, Florida
@KrauseHome yes and i have not much to distract me from worrying about what is going on. i do try though
Oh my gosh that is one of my worst fears being bitten by a poisonous spider or venomous snake. I do not recall reading about that happening to you back then but I am thankful you are here to tell us about it and your experience.
@KrauseHome (35034)
It was not a Fun experience at all, and I still have a lot of pain in that area, and scared now of getting bit again, or getting serious infections.
I have been close to accidents and, things like that, definitely makes you grateful.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Yes, I think in life a lot of times people go about their daily lives never thinking about things that are serious until it ends up affecting them somehow.
I am glad you survived that spider bite.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Thank You. Me too. Just wish the pain I still suffer in that area would go away so it could quit being so much of a reminder.
@Courage7 (6008)
Well after having looked after my Mom who had cancer and beat it, I am very thankful. Glad you survived that bite.
@aureliah (16150)
Yeah we should act quickly when we notice something unsual with our bodies.
@augusta123 (5742)
Sorry about that
@augusta123 (5742)
Sorry about that
@Berrygal (4410)
Glad you are okay now, how are you doing?
I never had life threatening diseases. My mother had stomach cancer when she was in her 70s, she had surgery and lived another 27 years.