Happy Passover and Happy Easter

As we head into the Passover and Easter weekend I would like to wish all my friends here who are celebrating a joyous one. For those who don't celebrate I wish you all a wonderful weekend! For us Christians, today is Good Friday. It's a solemn day for us. It signifies the crucifixion of Jesus. As a Catholic today is a day of fasting and reflection. As for Easter Sunday it's a day for celebrating and that's what we'll be doing. The family will be together and I'm always happy when I have everyone under the same roof. As the grandkids have grown they have passed the age when coloring eggs and hunting for them is fun. I don't even give them Easter baskets anymore and they are perfectly happy to get a chocolate bunny and a little bit of cash. It just amazes me that our kids table has gotten smaller and that the little ones are now almost adults. Time flies by so fast and it seems like only yesterday that they were all so small. Before I get all misty eyed and nostalgic I'll just end here and hope everyone is having a great Friday. Will you be celebrating this weekend?
we are going to our freinds house for an Italian Easter.This should be great and yummy
Sounds like a good time!!
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
I don't have any plans for this weekend .n
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
We do not really celebrate Easter. We just go to Mass. But this Sunday will be extra special because my mom will be celebrating her birthday. And we are looking forward to celebrating it. Thats all. Good evening.
Hope your mom has a wonderful birthday!
I'm hoping to celebrate with my youngest son and grandson. Both will, no doubt, need to work, so it might just be my son and me. My daughter goes to her mother-in-laws, and my oldest still isn't talking to me. I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family.
@raijem (323)
Definitely, Good Friday is a day of reflection for me too. But as usual, i look forward to Easter Sunday. A day of hope as it was taught to us who believe in Christ. Advanced Happy Easter to you!
I am cooking for my family and taking it over to my parents home.
@Icydoll (24738)
Yeah celebrating with family and some relatives.
Thank you for the best wishes..just making an Easter dinner for my friend..and I am sure the little dog will insist on his fair share.
Have a nice Easter weekend. No plans here.
My grandchildren long for the day they can leave the children's table but we have so many adults now that it has almost become two adult tables lol Happy and blessed Easter to you.
Happy Easter to you too. We will attend church on Sunday and then spend time with family.
Even my great grand sons are getting older. The oldest one was 14 last month. In February I had a new great grandson.
What a lovely post. Our plans are unconfirmed as our son is moving today. We have invited them on Saturday, since they will be spending Sunday with her mother. Happy Easter to you and yours.
We haven't celebrated really as we've been at a horse event.
I am preparing the usual Italian Easter lunch, it is a tradition and it reminds me my younger days.
Happy Easter my friend and, yes we will be celebrating.
@MarymargII (10567)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes my granddaughter's birthday is also on Saturday so it makes for a pretty important weekend including the deeper meaning of Easter!
We are celebrating Passover. We begin it in Florida and end it in Connecticut and New York City. Have a wonderful Easter holiday!