Dispute Transaction on my Debit Card

The other day I checked my debit card and there were (2) $8.00 transactions pending for the (1) car wash we had. Sometimes when using debit, they hold more money & reverse it later so I ignored it. However, today the pending transactions cleared and I'm charged with (2) $8.00 transactions for the car wash. This is my first time having to dispute so I answered the few questions they asked (online) and I'll hear a response in 10 days. I'm not too concerned because I have the receipt but what an inconvenience.. I guess it's import to double check our transactions carefully. Have you ever filed a dispute with your credit card or debit card company?
Yes, and it was handled immediately. Good luck. Just another time waster!!!!
Oh yes! I just logged on and it was credited back immediately. :) That was quick but yep, time waster lol.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
No. It never happened to me before . Be careful next time dear friend double check your transaction carefully.,as you said.
Yes :) I will pay attention carefully. Glad you never had any problems + hope you don't.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@infatuatedbby I hope so.
Yes and it got paid back.
I just checked and I was credited back.
@JustBhem (43011)
• Davao, Philippines
We need to check it regularly. By the way, how are you doing?
Yes - it is important to check regularly. I am doing alight - just a little tired lately. Was out of town the other day. How are you?
@JustBhem (43011)
• Davao, Philippines
@infatuatedbby I'm not feeling okay, I have a cough.
@JustBhem I hope you get better soon. Coughs are no fun.
@moffittjc (45390)
• Gainesville, Florida
On several occasions I had to dispute transactions on my debit card, but it was a pretty easy and painless process because I have a bank branch right across the street from where I live, so I just walk in and handle it there. They are really good about helping get charges disputed and removed from my account. I've also had to dispute one transaction on my credit card before, and again it was a pretty quick and painless process. I just called and talked to the credit card company, answered a few questions and told them the scenario, and a few days later the charge was removed.
I have never done a bank dispute before on my debit card. I just did it online and it was processed really quickly within the hour maybe. I filed it and it said it'll take 10 days (or I will hear a response by 10 days) but after writing this a couple hours later, I checked and it was approved. I think if it was for a larger amount, it may/may not take longer. But I had a receipt documentation just encase to attach to the claim form but there wasn't an option to include a photo, One time I did a dispute for the ATM where my money got stuck and it was only like $40 bucks. It did not credit my account and I took a photo. That one took like a week to process! -_- And another time was when someone stole my credit card information (no idea how) and attempted to purchase something but my credit card company called to notify and confirm it was not me. Cancelled the transaction, card & express shipped me a new one :) Such a loyal company!
@moffittjc (45390)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby My favorite was two years ago when my credit card company called me to ask me if I had made an $11,000 purchase of jewelry at Nieman Marcus in New York City. I immediately had two questions for them: 1. Why were they calling me AFTER the purchase was made, instead of calling me immediately at the time of the purchase? and 2. How could they approve an $11,000 sale when I only had a $10,000 limit on my credit card? Needless to say, the credit card company messed up big time on that one. They immediately fixed the issue without making me fill out any paperwork. I think they realized what idiots they were when I asked those two questions! haha
@moffittjc Ha-ha! Wow, I am surprised they managed to make the purchase! Neiman Marcus did not even verify ID, they were desperately wanting to make a sale?!!! AND I am surprised your credit card didn't call you immediately. Last time I made a purchase for a large amount, I got a text message asking if I am trying to make the purchase thankfully, makes me feel at ease.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
None that I know of. I used to have cc but I had no disputes. Using debit card now and things are fine as well.
Good to hear you are not experiencing any problems & hope you don't.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@infatuatedbby hehehe They will see the monster in me. Just kidding. Hope that all be fine on your side. Take care, Michelle.
@mlgen1037 Haha. The debit card credited the amount in my case, so all is well. Thank you. Have a great rest of your weekend.
Credit card, yes .Debit card no. There was a time when I got charged for so many online transactions which I was unaware of in my credit card. The bank had to send me a new card and at the same time cancelled all those transactions.
I had that same problem with my credit card. I was called and questioned if I made a purchase (which I didn't). They cancelled my card and expedited me a new one saying someone is attempting to use my card / fraud. I've never had a problem with debit but this was my first time & it was resolved soon too.
@infatuatedbby Good to know.
@toniganzon Yep good to know debit resolves quickly. I think if it was a larger amount, it'd take longer but since it was $8 and they can see I wouldn't get a car wash back to back so they refunded it.
I did once, they checked and re-credited the amount.
They re-credited me too. First time and great experience. But I am sure if it was a greater amount, it would take longer.
@infatuatedbby It should not take longer, when they see the same amount debited twice is always a mistake.
@LadyDuck Yes, I am glad it was very quick transaction. :)
@MsBooklover (4097)
Yes, it is. I don't have one anymore. I have a friend who had problems with hers. I need fewer problems.
I just checked my account and it was credited back.
@infatuatedbby Awesome news!
@MsBooklover Yep now I know its quick. Never had to use that dispute feature before.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I have and everytime it has been resolved pretty quickly
That is wonderful. I only had to use the dispute once and glad it was done quickly too.
@epiffanie (10404)
Inconvenient and a bit frustrating ..
Yes but luckily it was resolved quickly.
Hope it will be fixed quickly.
It was approved! :)
@YrNemo (14719)
Just did it recently over some prepaid phone account. Things sorted out neat and tidy right the next day, but that made me very angry for a few hours!
@nomus24g (24937)
Yes, I've raised dispute once...when they charged me a extra month's EMI...I had purchased laptop through my Credit Card on a 6 month's interest free EMI...since then I check all my transactions before paying the bill...
@lynnief (1248)
A few years ago I had my credit card details stolen twice within 2 months. The first time they took $2,000 out of my account, the second time $8,000. Fortunately the bank was fantastic and I got everything back, including the interest that had been charged on the stolen money, but I am now VERY careful about my cards.
@betlynfrnds (1632)
It is so frustrating whenever there are any disputes on a credit or debit bill. I don't remember the last time it has happened to me but I understand your aggravation. My credit card companies have always been very good at correcting any disputes. Whenever my statement comes in, I always take the time to carefully look at it to be sure that everything is correct. This includes keeping all receipts for my transactions.
@Starmaiden (7641)
You should take your receipt to the car wash attendant. :-)