You Always Start From The Bottom

Its no secret that you always start at the bottom and move up in life, school is usually the first step for most people. Unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth you have to start at the bottom, expecting someone to put you where you want to be is for the most part not going to happen. I may have this person another mowing job, yes a woman but I can do it, she can do it. I hear all the time what she does not have so I give her work when I hear of it, after all I started baby sitting and mowing grass for a living before I was legal to work, but when I told her that maybe these people will need someone, she come up with so many excuses, one was the yard is so big.... then she added, but how much they pay? I told her I would give her number to them and they could work it out if they wanted to use her for the job. Push, shove..... go to work and earn how high you want to go in life. You are what is keeping you where you are. So stop being scared and go for it. Have a wonderful day!
Good things come to those who work for it. Excuses get you no where.
Yes, that is correct.
@vandana7 (62485)
Our government offers homes to poor. Not all can be given of course. But some use that with political support to get it for themselves, children, siblings...and then we have a generation that gambles, and drinks even participates in crimes. This generation does not work...and talks arrogantly and has more children than the country can afford. No wonder tax payer wants to evade taxes. They want the money for armed forces, and infrastructure, and administration not for irresponsibly breeding lazy criminals. I am for tax evaders but do it legally. There are enough loopholes in there to laugh on the face of the tax man. I have all sympathies for poor, mind you. Subsidize their education. But don't leave anything tangible in their hands to make them lazy or irresponsible. Their food is subsidized, medication is subsidized. The middle class takes loans and struggles under EMIs, is this not discrimination?
Actually it is all downhill from birth because there is only one ultimate conclusion.
But what you do in between makes he difference, whether you have steak or hamburger.
@Courage7 (5534)
Yes humming and hawing in life never gets you anywhere..work is work is work and take it.
That is it.
• Pamplona, Spain
Me too I started right at the bottom too as an Office Junior and I was not used to being there but I stuck it out and learned so much from it apart from running up and down stairs all day long too.
The stairs were keeping you fit
• Pamplona, Spain
@andriaperry They were and strong arms as I was always loaded with heavy wads of invoices to take backwards and forwards in the days when you had to count them by hand.
• Riga, Latvia
You are so right because anything can happen in life and you have to be prepared. I remember a humorous line from the comedy The Honeymooners where Ralph said You have to be polite to the people as you're going up because they will be the same people you will meet when coming down.
That is so true!
@Hate2Iron (7663)
It's all about having goals ... just one step at a time, but it does take work!!
I agree.
True, no one is going to do it for you. I hope she takes the mowing jobs.
Got taken before she made up her mind.
@OneOfMany (12425)
It was like when I got laid off a job and couldn't find another, I started do independent landscape. True, I was getting paid very little for my efforts, but it was better than starving. I always get caught up in other people's expectations and projects, so for now, I have told them: "I'm a decade behind where I want to be, so I have to tell you 'no'!" I seem to have plenty of hurdles thrown into my way, but I'm not about to give up now. This year I'm sharing my progress with the rest of myLot. Whether I make it or not!
That is how you have yo be because some people will suck the life of of you.
@OneOfMany (12425)
@andriaperry If people assume you don't own your time, they will own it for you.
I do neither.Top or bottom.
You are retired, what did you do when you worked?
@andriaperry I worked in graphic art and printing plates
@andriaperry ok andria.
Good advice. If you want to get anywhere in life you need to make an effort.
Some do some dont. I made my own, no one gave it to me.
Those who hem and haw lose out in life.
Yes they do.
@bagarad (11470)
• Paso Robles, California
When I was growing up my dad's favorite saying to us was "Money doesn't grow on trees." If we wanted something, he were allowed opportunities to work to earn it -- after our regular chores were done. I think too many today have a sense of entitlement and believe the government will give them what they need if they don't have a job.
That is what my dad used to say too!!!! I agree the government has spoiled people.
@Freelanzer (8287)
I am not sure why people think hard work is a bad thing and they are the ones who say "poor me"
Not many people work anymore, they want someone else to work hard and give it to them.
@wolfgirl569 (2567)
• Marion, Ohio
Yes you have to work to get anywhere. Some just do not want too
Anything worth something is hard work.
What we have here is what we got from working hard and the smart way. Those who complain all the time, are just "lazy" in my eyes.
Well they are voicing what they want but not putting nothing into action.
@hiraahmed (645)
Yeah! I am trying in fact struggling
Struggling is part of the getting there.
Definitely "just do it" is the way to go!
Yes, as long as its good honest work