Saturday Ramble

@noni1959 (3103)
My mini home shell I had built arrived this morning. It took a few hours to raise and level on blocks and beams but now ready to begin the inside but it will take a few months since my son-in-law is the one to do most the electric and plumbing. He works all over the US and international so it will be his next trip to begin. I'm glad it's here. I can live in something small and this will give me back some privacy. It's 504 Sq Ft so kind of like an over sized bedroom or studio apartment. I got back from Seattle late Wednesday night. While there, my son and I went on the Tour the Ducks tour and it was fun. The vehicle is an old WWII land/water craft and after touring around town, we went into the water of Lake Union to see all the house boats and the house used in Sleepless in Seattle. We also saw where they filmed the Grey's Anatomy ferry wreck and still use the site for some episodes. Today we'll head to Corvallis for the Easter egg hunt/event. I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring yet. We usually celebrate Easter with a meal and quiet. Have a great weekend. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
@Maria24 (2125)
Nice have a wonderful day
@noni1959 (3103)
Thank you. I hope you have as well.
@Freelanzer (8563)
Tiny house living is really popular these days. Enjoy it
@noni1959 (3103)
They are but so regulated. I love the simple life and don't have a lot anymore. No clutter.
I think that tiny home will work out so well for you!
@noni1959 (3103)
Me too. I'll have more privacy and time to come here to visit.
@Blondie2222 (21398)
I fear of those tiny homes i see people have because of there was a fire how would you get out? I always have a fear of that. But glad it's going to work for you and you should post pictures of it when it's done so we can see what it looks like.
@noni1959 (3103)
I have emergency exits and putting in several alarms along with carbon monoxide alarms. It's small enough that getting out is actually easier than a huge house.
@Blondie2222 (21398)
@noni1959 very nice - hope to see pictures when it is complete. I have watched the show tiny houses and it's interesting.
@noni1959 (3103)
@Blondie2222 I'll do a post as we begin. I have photos of the shell and it's on blocks but want to get the skirting around it before I start with photos.
I hope you enjoyed your weekend and wishing you a very great Thursday evening
@noni1959 (3103)
Thank you. I hope you are having a good weekend.
@noni1959 Thanks. You too enjoy your time
We did a tour round Dublin in one of the amphibian things. It was pretty cool splashing into the water.
@noni1959 (3103)
That sounds so neat.
Have a great weekend and, happy Easter.
@noni1959 (3103)
I hope you had a nice Easter and been having a great week.
@sallypup (26667)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's fantastic about your little home. Having a relative help you out with the plumbing and electrical stuff will save you mega bucks. Congrats!! I so wanted to live in Oregon but the realtors were eating us for dinner. Not joking. So we are working on a house in Centralia, WA. On the I-5 corridor so we should be able to get public transportation to either Seattle or Portland.
@noni1959 (3103)
The housing can be a bit tricky here. Many are buying the older ranches and fixing them up.
Happy Easter to you. Sounds like you will have a lovely mini home.
@noni1959 (3103)
Thank you. Hope you had a great Easter.
• Riga, Latvia
Sounds like an interesting house. Enjoy yourself and have a great Easter Sunday.
@noni1959 (3103)
I hope your Easter was nice. It is a neat little cabin.