How can I refuse this Good Christian Woman? And an Easter-related follow-up question.

Pleasant Hill, California
I just received an email from a good Christian woman who is dying of cancer and wants me to put her late husband's $4,500,000 to good use. Of course, I can't refuse her, so I will send her my bank information immediately, to expedite her transfer of funds to my account. My question to you: How should I spend the money? If you had more than $4 million to spend on good causes, where would you put it? The mother-and-child drug rehabilitation facility I work at for years in Oakland was rife with corruption. Funds were embezzled. Even donations were stolen. I'd avoid an organization like that. Should I put it toward music lessons for gifted kids from poor backgrounds? You know that music is my "thing." Should I put it toward "parent education"? We all know that the apple does not fall far from the tree. On the first day of Passover, and the eve of Easter, it's worth it to consider what we would do with $4.5 million that had to be used for a good cause. My tongue has been removed from my cheek at this point. What would you do with $4.5 million? --- Dearest one in Christ Jesus how are you doing today? However is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honor against your will. I am Mrs Vivian Rorent from United Kingdom . I married to Mr.Rorent Betes from Toronto Canada who worked with Canadian Embassy here in Cote d’Ivoire for nine years before he died in the year 2015. Before his death we were both born again Christian. Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of $4.5 Million in a bank. Recently, my DOCTOR told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a Orphanage or good Christian that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. I want a Church organization or good person that will use this fund for orphanages, widows, propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. l took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians not even good at all because they are the one that killed my husband in other to have all my late husband properties and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that “the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank. I will also issue you an authority letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund. I want you to always pray for me because the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I Stated here in. Hoping to receive your response immediately. Thanks and Remain blessed in the Lord. Mrs Vivian Rorent
I'd buy several copies of 'Whipped Cream & Other Delights' and a bunch of Crosley suitcase record players and donate them to people that have never actually heard a record before.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Ah, I hadn't thought of that.
@Starmaiden (3938)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Tell her your bank account can only be accessed by phone, then give her the number to the police department. :-)
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. I've thought of that.
@TheSojourner (17479)
OMG! I got something very similar same story. Are you sure that you didn't send this to me? Oh, and by the way, go ahead and get the four and a half million and then you and I can run off together and make beautiful music! I don't have long to live, you know having stage 4 cancer and all of that, So eventually you're going to get all of the money anyway!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yeah, let's PARTAY and make music! But we gotta send some of our riches to some good causes. I really wonder what I'd do. I did meet some Oakland kids who had the music gift, but whose parents didn't notice and/or didn't have the resources to get their kids instruments or lessons.
@TheHorse of course there would be causes. Kind of like the neuroendocrine cancer cause for research!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@CoralLevang Does such like exist? Let's see. Neuro as in neurons. Endocrine as in hormones.
I would not donate, I would set up the places myself and make sure none of the money was taken. I would have o help the homeless, not with just homes but mental help as well. The elderly would be another project, they need something to do daily. I will tell you how I spent it when I get i and spend it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Me too. I don't trust anyone fully after what I experienced in Oakland. Homeless. Mentally ill. Elderly. Good causes.
@bagarad (11470)
• Paso Robles, California
@TheHorse Did you write about that anywhere?
The idea of @Starmaiden seems the best, go for it. What would I do with 4 million dollar? I would make my life very comfortable.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. But the stipulation (from the Good Christian Woman) is that we must use it for a good cause. Perhaps I can justify coming to Switzerland to help you and your husband work in the garden as a "good cause." Heh.
@TheHorse Offering to my husband a good living without caring to work it's a good cause in my opinion.
@sallypup (26338)
• Moses Lake, Washington
And all I get are invites to insurance companies and such. I feel slighted. I hope you enjoy your riches.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, I'll send your email (for a fee, of course) to Barrister Mbalo in Nigeria. We're old pals at this point.
@sallypup (26338)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TheHorse You just do that. I appreciate your efforts very much.
@xFiacre (4281)
@thehorse Somebody obviously thinks it’s worth their time making up this crap. If I got that much money I’d probably spend all my time counting it and recounting it again and again to make sure it’s all there and none’s gone missing
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. Someone must fall for these basic scams or they wouldn't keep doing it.
@FourWalls (12934)
I think you could tell her to keep the money and learn proper grammar (given that she is British and all) in her remaining time on earth. (Oh, and learn to spell honour the way the Brits and Canadians do.....)
@YrNemo (11190)
You are so fortunate to be offered that humble amount of money . Best wishes this Easter break.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks. I promise to support good causes. Like my elite guitar collection.
@YrNemo (11190)
• Pleasant Hill, California
@YrNemo You need anything?
@WriterAI (5018)
• Bulgaria
All this is impossible. It's a great trick! Take care!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I wonder what percentage of recipients actually fall for it.
@WriterAI (5018)
• Bulgaria
@TheHorse So do I. But probably there are any of them who actually fall for it. There are so many similar fakes on the Internet everyday that try to scam people.
@Tina30219 (32842)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is so sweet of this lady I am sure you will figure out how to spend it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Maybe I'll arrange with McDonalds to provide free Big Macs to obese poor kids.
@Tina30219 (32842)
• Onaway, Michigan
@TheHorse That would be nice but McDonald’s might not like that.
@spiderdust (5808)
• San Jose, California
I love the idea of music lessons for kids from disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as funding non-violent communication classes for parents and teachers.
• Pleasant Hill, California
All three sound good to me.
• San Jose, California
@TheHorse Three? I thought I listed two things? Although I suppose you could have separate classes for teachers and parents, so that would make it three things (along with the music lessons).
I haven't received a letter like that in a long time. I know you have a good heart and will do what you can for the widows and orphans. I don't know what I would do with that kind of money, but I'm sure it would be put to good use.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think I would go the music route. A fund that would pay music teachers (directly) for lessons for kids who can't afford them. I've seen too much corruption in my life (including corruption by those who were pretending to be do-gooders) to just "donate" the money.
@TheHorse That would be a wonderful use for that money.
I would hope to do something useful with it but I wouldn't be giving it to any of the 'big' charities.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Me neither. I'd want to start something specific, and know exactly where the money is going.
Sad that some folks fall for this kind of stuff. Shame on Vivian.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
And they consider themselves Christian.....
• Pleasant Hill, California
Eh, these scam artists are just faking it.
It is sad that we have people like this.This was a long post there.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Well, I hope you only read the letter/email until the amusement went away.
@nanette64 (17158)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh brother, talk about an April Fools joke @TheHorse . Let's see...4.5 M.....rebuild a BIG barn for the donkeys and feed; clear some trees, build a bridge across my creek; buy a used, old, pick-up truck; buy a new, freaking, riding mower; have my roof replaced; buy some new clothes that actually fit; donate to several animal organizations; Oh and give my family members a dime or two.
Why do they always come from the UK? I have had several emails like that and all of them were from the UK.
@epiffanie (9847)
LOL!.. I can't believe some people out there still use emails like that to scam people .. There were a lot victims of these scams when they first appeared some 20 something years ago.. but surely, it won't work any more... If I have millions, I will set up a trade school in the Philippines where young people can learn some skills using their hands.. and spark their creativity..