My dog is always beside me most of the time. Is it still normal?

@chavezrmc (4157)
When i am home, most of the time i am in front of my laptop. My dog stays just beside my chair. When i'm bored i go to my keyboard and guitar space to play a song or two, he is there again just watching me. And when i go to the couch ready to take a nap or watch TV then he will follow me. He never leaves my side. Is this still normal for a dog?
That's nice to know. The Dog loves you my friend
@chavezrmc (4157)
I know dogs are loyal pets. But i guess this is too much. This is the first time that i have a dog that is so close to me. Even sleep with me. Seems like he is human lol.
@hereandthere (28987)
at least you always know where he is! some dogs love to escape.
@chavezrmc (4157)
@hereandthere when we go outside, he'll pull me back to go back at the house. He can't stand the outside world hahaha.
@chavezrmc oh, my. a dog that's a homebody! how does he react when there are other dogs passing by? or if you have visitors?
@chavezrmc (4157)
@hereandthere he kept on barking at anyone coming in the house. If its my family, he still do barks when they come inside but especially when they are leaving. It seems that he doesn't want them to go. Funny when family is here in the house he would stay in their side than on mine. When my sister brings her dog, he hides under the table. He is a snob. But there's one dog that he is friend with, a neighbor's dog. That proves he is choosing company.
@Starmaiden (4009)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
If he is a new pet then he is just curious about you and is looking for bonding. :-)
@chavezrmc (4157)
He will be turning 8 years old this 2nd week of April. He's been with me since he is a month old.
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
@chavezrmc So he is in his 50's. Middle age does that to everyone...including pets. :-D
@chavezrmc (4157)
@Starmaiden oh i never knew that. But of course i do love the loyalty. I just wish him to be happy too.
Some dog do this, it's their way to show to their masters that they love them and are there to protect them.
@chavezrmc (4157)
@LadyDuck thank you my dear, glad to know my dog is normal.
@chavezrmc Yes, your dog is absolutely normal.
@kepweng (11531)
nice do u Let your Dog Sleep in your bed????
@chavezrmc (4157)
@kepweng, we share the same bed, problem is, he almost have the whole bed and i will just stay on the side.
@Essjayd (1620)
He just wants to be near you! My dog follows me from room to room he always likes to sit or lie next to me especially with his head or paw touching me.
@chavezrmc (4157)
that is very sweet of your dog too. I just love it when my dog do things like that to me too.
@lady1993 (16391)
it is, for me dogs are naturally clingy, especially the friendlier breeds
@chavezrmc (4157)
@lady1993, thank you I am just thinking that maybe i gave too much attention and caring to him that he doesn't want to go far from me.
@Bhebelen14 (5077)
Same attitude with our dog, everytime I go home he always stayed beside me and follow me every where I go.
@mlgen1037 (16689)
• Manila, Philippines
I think so. He is just missing you and being sweet. My dogs were like that before.,