Had to cut a friend off after 5 years.. Any advice on how to forget about it, if possible?

I recently had to stop being friends with a girl I've been very close with for a little bit over 5 years.. I'm trying to cope with it. I'm not really sad, just trying to not feel like I wasted 5 years of my life. Does anybody have any advice for me? I'm not going to go into details on the situation, but can anybody give me some words of wisdom?
Remove them from any social media sites (to get rid of the constant reminder) hopefully you dont have a lot of mutual friends because that will make things harder. I would say delete their phone number also. Not to worry though you will find friendship in someone else soon enough. That was just a chapter in your book. Its okay to move on and be happy.
@id_peace (4726)
Don't waste time on anything or anyone.
@sprite1950 (11501)
• Corsham, England
If you know it was the right thing to do then try not to be too sad. It's happened to me where I befriended a woman not knowing she had a serious drink problem which impacted on her own life and mine. Looking back, breaking ties with her was the best thing I ever did. We say hello in passing but that's all. New people will come into your life, people who will be worth knowing and make your life richer.
@lynnief (1003)
Try to remember the good things from the relationship, and draw what lessons you can from the things that went wrong.
@anikoonline (2642)
• Hungary
Don't feel like you wasted time from your life. I am sure that you had nice time and valuable moments together. Keep the funny and positive memories and remember her with good feelings. Your relationship doesn't work anymore, but it was good once. Try to accept this. I hope that it helps!
It will probably take time for you to get over it. As you did have a long friendship. Sorry.