Easter Obligations

@YrNemo (11173)
I did fulfill some of my Easter Obligations, one was to attend the Easter service on Easter Sunday, at a humble but very old church. The choir did a wonderful job with the band playing certain magnificent pieces from Haydn and Mozart. The singers were marvelous with their beautiful voices. Many of them must have been professional artists. I was very impressed with the service and the choir/band, but my young relatives were not of the same mind unfortunately . They were alert however when the organist suddenly played some music which reminded them of some horror movies. The piece was very short. (The organist must have remembered suddenly that the mass was televised. He promptly played another magnificent piece so all was well .) Returned home after the service and our shopping trip (our Easter rituals!), I was horrified seeing the knee hole leggings which my youngest relative had worn to that special Church service. (The church was crowded, so perhaps no one saw it . She promptly assured me that the hole was very tiny when we left the house .) I still have to attend the family gathering (part of my Easter obligations). Hope the weather is pleasant for your Easter break and that your internet connection behaves . (We were told that our internet connection should be back in four day times. Let hope our phone data last until then.)
We had a sunny Easter and it is sunny even today (that is still a holiday). Usually the music played by organists in old Churches are creepy.
@YrNemo (11173)
@YrNemo Some musics are so creepy when played inside those enormous Catholic Churches in Europe. All the church seems to vibrate, you could make an horror movie inside.
@YrNemo (11173)
@LadyDuck At least it woke us up from the lengthy service .
I am glad you enjoyed the service even if the little one didn't.
@YrNemo (11173)
It is a duty, an obligation to me, to attend Church during Easter and on Christmas Day. A bonus when the choir/band did such a good job, but you are right, my younger relatives were not so keen, but it was their idea to go to that well known Church (so that they could go shopping afterwards ).
@YrNemo lol typical of kids to go for the shopping
@YrNemo (11173)
@shaggin opportunists!
It seems like your youngest relative wanted to make you feel better.
@YrNemo (11173)
You should see the youngest one yawning non-stop! The idea of going there was not mine. The older one voted for it (because the big shopping centres are all around that church! She wants the food and the shopping after the service).
@YrNemo Haha. She sounds a bit devious, going to church for the benefits afterwards.
@YrNemo (11173)
@JudyEv You get the idea.
@mlgen1037 (15558)
• Manila, Philippines
Happy Easter, Darcy! You sure had a lot on your sleeves this Easter. Take care!
@YrNemo (11173)
This is the time when I wish I had remained single and a true recluse (as in, living alone on a mountain with good internet connection and a good laptop).
@mlgen1037 (15558)
• Manila, Philippines
@YrNemo I feel you. And I would survive being a nomad or hermit as long as I have those you mentioned.
@YrNemo (11173)
@Ithink (10777)
That is one busy Easter!
@YrNemo (11173)
We try to do that every Easter, so Easter Sunday is always a busy one for me (so is Christmas Day).
@Ithink (10777)
@YrNemo Mine is just family so it is crowded ..lol
• Portland, Connecticut
Happy belated Easter, at our Easter Sunday Mass the children's choir sang and the organist is an older woman who plays faster than the kids sing, It is pretty funny really but it was still a beautiful Mass and Fr, Bart made everybody laugh with his joke before he gave his homily.
@YrNemo (11173)
Sounds funny there, if the organist played faster than the young singers at that church service. The poor kids! (I attended a musical festival competition a week ago, one dancing act got everything almost perfect, but the two singers sang loudly, confidently out of tune with respect to the keyboard & violins, as in, the tune they sang was a few notes completely above the loud music (out of tune, no harmony whatsoever!). They didn't win.)
• Marion, Kansas
The music sounds wonderful. You do wonder sometimes what people are thinking when they get dressed. I hope your family gathering went well. We are home now and headed to bed.
@YrNemo (11173)
I have decided to visit my elder relatives in the next few days. I no longer have any energy to do everything in one day as before.