Deleted discussions without notification

By JJ
I see complaints about this often. Yes, I will agree it can be a pain in the butt to 'lose' a discussion and not know why...although many times I see a discussion that I am fairly sure will 'get the ax' and then I see the person later complaining it got deleted but they don't know why. Unfortunately, every one of us agreed to this particular thing when we joined: "We also reserve the right to delete any discussion, response, comment, or photo without notification to any myLot member." Remember when you had to tick a box saying you agreed to the Terms to make your account? That is mentioned in the terms at least three times. Yes, it can be annoying. I find it annoying at times. However, @GoAskAlice has stated in one of his discussions: "if you have a discussion removed and you would like to know why, please send me a private message". Of course Alice (Alex) is NOT the only person that can delete discussions here, so they may have never seen it, and therefore may not be able to tell you why it was deleted. So I would suggest that you save a copy of every discussion you make here. Then if it gets deleted, and you are not sure why, you can send them a PM with a copy of the deleted discussion asking why it was deleted. Then Alex can look at it and tell you why it got deleted. Or you can just keep complaining you don't know why your discussion got deleted.
This is GoAskAlex_Admin's user profile on myLot. Discussions, responses, comments, likes & more.
@mlgen1037 (24021)
• Manila, Philippines
So is Alice or Alex a boy or a girl? hehehe but yes, I read that in the guidelines (which I did because someone replied on my comment in one discussion mentioning about the guidelines and that I commented a discussion that will be deleted. That person could at least tell me nicely and not be as rude as can be. And that person blocked me, by the way, for reasons I do not know because that was the only time I interacted with that person) . Anyways, yeah if we have questions, better go to the admin instead of whining or complaining.
@nomus24g (22162)
that's a valid query....what does Alex's profile say
The account was originally run by a woman, but Alex (a man) has been the lead Admin here now for several years, he just uses her old account.
@nomus24g Profiles do not list the gender of a user
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
On the plus-side, when a discussion goes *poof*, the pennies you earned through any interactions on it stay firmly put...
As long as the earning update to responses/comments received happens before it gets deleted. If you get 20 responses but the discussion gets deleted before the update, you get nada. But yes, at least none are removed.
@pgntwo (21630)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@JolietJake That is what I thought. Silver lining there, eh?
I always tell people to save their discussions on their hard disk before to publish. It seems that they "are lazy and they do not want to lose their time". Where is the difference if you type in a textile and save or directly int he discussion box? This is something I will never understand.
Even just copy/pasting and saving it from the box after you type it here would only take them a few seconds...
@JolietJake Exactly, they "are too lazy" and then they complain when they "lose a post".
I have had a few discussions deleted and most times I can figure out why. It happens.
@kobesbuddy (43544)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I wrote a discussion about Tina Turner jumping around the stage and it didn't make it to first base:( Oh well, Lionel Richie loved it!
@nomus24g (22162)
by the way...this piece of suggestion from JJ for the newcomers are a limited period FREE offer; next all that would come from JJ are chargeable
I don't believe that I've ever had anything deleted, but there are so many posts by members crying the blues that they have had one deleted and this hopefully will clear the air.
It may reach a few of them, but I'm sure it'll always happen
@JolietJake Its become as "popular" a topic to discuss as payday and how much people have made every month. When I see topics like that I just roll my eyes and scroll down to something else.
@KrauseHome (35025)
I think even the Best of us have had a discussion removed from time to time.
@1hopefulman (27335)
I guess I'm one of the lazy ones and do not keep a copy. Thankfully, I get few deletions.
@ridingbet (49785)
i am just happy not one of my discussions get axed.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
I don't think I've ever had a discussion deleted by admin on Mylot. Bubblews was another story...they seemed to delete the stories that were really drawing some likes and comments.
@tzwrites (4842)
It's probably frustrating to get a discussion deleted but at the same time there is no reason to start complaining excessively and post bad things about MyLot all over the internet over something like this.
@ria1606roy (2684)
• Kolkata, India
Very true....we are bound to follow the rulebook of mylot here....there's just no use complaining about it. And if one direly needs to post those forbidden discussions, there are other social media to do so.
I have been deleting all the ones from three years ago.
@EddieHands (37852)
Every since I stopped going nuts on my posts.. they no longer get deleted. Well the ones from yesterday for axed.. but i was really drunk lol... rule number don't drink and mylot
If I have had one deleted, I did not know it.
I don't ever complain as I don't feel any injustice in that. it's already a privilege to be a member of this site and to get a few dollars every month. So what's to complain if I get one of my discussions deleted? I could make another one and make sure it doesn't.
@lovebuglena (5845)
• Staten Island, New York
Even though it shouldn't be done, complaining about why their discussion got deleted gives people something to write about when they have nothing else to say. And maybe that's why they do it.
I only ever had one discussion deleted (that I noticed) but I think most the time when people have their discussion deleted instead of people complaining they could browse through the FAQ and all that to figure out why.
I wouldn't know if I've had anything deleted or not but I guess that's a pretty good way to be.