Today was our lucky day!

Before leaving the house to go get something for lunch, I had gotten an email from Wendy's. So I checked it, and it was for a $1.99 Dave's Single Burger! But you had to have the app. So while I downloaded the app, I had my mom call Mitsubishi to check on the car.. The lady said it should be fixed now, but they were out testing it so to pick it up in an hour. Okay! So downloaded the app to my moms phone, then off to Wendy's we went for lunch. We saw even more offers! One being 'Free Dave's Single with any purchase' - so we both used that one instead to get fries. The food was good and cheap (about $2.50 each), and the place only had two other people in it! Woo! Then we went down the road to get the car. And when my mom asked her how much we owed for the oil change (that we told them to do while they had it this time, instead of us having to go back next week), she said "nothing, it's on us". Free - Free -Free! We love free!!! Left Mitsubishi, and headed to the Grocery store across the street to get meatballs that our store didn't have this morning. Along with use a $2.50 off $10 or more of meat/poultry coupon. And while we were looking at the meats, we saw a huge fresh Butterball turkey.. so checked it.. and surprise! It was a 19 pound turkey on sale for $9.50 from $50!! So of course we snagged it up! Though, when we got to the register I actually read the tag, and it was the wrong brand of turkey written on the tag . But since someone had tagged it that price, the store had to give it to use for it . And now that turkey will be lunch or dinner tomorrow So yeah.. we've been pretty lucky today. Now for it to hopefully stay that way with the car! ** ** Ps: I'm here for fun, and interacting with people I get along with. Not debates or jerky comments. So if that's all you want to leave, then don't comment. It wastes both our time.
@Tina30219 (31474)
• Onaway, Michigan
Wow you had some great deals today. I hope the car is doing well when you get it back.
Right, we thought so. Thanks. Didn't have issues so far. But don't mean it's still not leaking.
@Tina30219 (31474)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Courtlynn Hopefully nothing shows up.
@Tina30219 yup! How was your day today? Good I hope.
See life balances out..it made up for all the car misery by giving you a great day...
of course it does. but would be nice to have more 'only good' days or least no full bad days.
You really did score some great deals today!!! Hopefully, the car is fixed for real this time.
fingers crossed!
Gotta love a day full of surprises like you had today! Enjoy the turkey-its one of my most favorite meals.
Yes! Absolutely love them! Oh we will I use to barely eat turkey as a kid, and now I want it more than my brother and mom; who always wanted it when I was growing up.
Wow super good deal on the turkey. Their loss is your gain! I think Mitsubishi did the right thing by not charging anything. We don't eat at Wendy's but that's cool they have an app and you guys got good deals. We have the McDonald's app and I get really good deals on there as well.
Yeah, we don't do mc.donalds. not for the last 4-5 years anyways. I mean, they could've charged for the oil change, because that didn't have anything to do with what they screwed up. But its in our favor that they didn't.
@Courtlynn oh awesome then! Here an oil change is around $35. I'd love to get a free one BUT not have to go through the hassle you guys did! I dropped my van off last night to be looked at today but did not hear from them yet. Usually they call within a few hours so I'm a little nervous. Hopefully they are just real busy.
@shaggin its $35 for our car here too. hope they were just busy!
You sure scored BIG. That is a huge turkey, you will get many meals from it.
We will get one meal from it. As I don't do leftovers. Though my mom sometimes eats leftovers, so she might take some to work tomorrow for lunch.. who knows.
@KristenH (22830)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Nice deal. I haven't been to Wendy's in years.
do you have one close?
@KristenH (22830)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Courtlynn Yep. One's near Giant Eagle in my area. I haven't done fast food in about 4-5 years.
@KristenH Ohh. That's okay. Not for everyone.
@munhozmib (3830)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hey there, Some awesome prices over there! I couldn't follow all of your posts, but you had a lucky day today. Lots of discounts. My wife also thought that the prices are really cheap, too! Awesome! Here, we have a minimum wage of 900 BRL. And a day offer at McDonalds costs 19 BRL. 4 BRL equal more or less 1 dollar, so that would mean that the offer would be like 4,9 USD if it was here. Might be cheap, but once you realize it's about 2% of the minimum wage... Well, I don't know then! It means that if a family of 4 people go there, they'll spend 8% of their minimum wage at once. Regards!
no idea what BRL is.. but okay.
@munhozmib (3830)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
@Courtlynn It's our currency?: Brazilian Real.
You enjoyed a big Monday score!
sure did!
That is one fantastic day! That is a heck of a lot of money saved.
yes! $40 on the turkey, though we wouldn't have bought it for more than $12 anyways. the $5 on the sandwich, and $35 on the oil change! especially with rent being due
@Starmaiden (2600)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Happy get lucky day! (You know what I mean) I had a full month of lucky surprises in January. February and March more than made up for it. :-P
We haven't had many lucky days so far this year. So we needed this!