Who's your favorite author?

Quezon City, Philippines
There's a lot of good authors out there, but there will always be that one author and his books that you love. Writing a book is no easy task. It requires a lot of work, patience, imagination, and creativity. I haven't tried to write one myself but after reading some great books, you will understand and feel how the authors put their heart and all into it. My favorite author is Jostein Gaarder. He's a Norwegian author of fantasy/philosophical/children fiction books. I don't know you guys ever heard of him but his book are really good and you'll learn a lot from them too. Another author that I personally love is Stephen Fry. He's a british comedian/author/personality. What I love about his books is the he tells his stories. Pretty laid back and with just the right amount of humor on it. Some people might not like the way he writes but I absolutely like his books. How about you guys? Share your favorite author here.
For novels, I love Sidney Sheldon. For inspirational book, Chinkee Tan got me hooked.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Sidney Sheldon's The Other side of Midnight is good. But that's the only book I have for him though. :)
@cedie0808 I have read almost all of his books. My dad had a collection of his books and we even saw some of the movies of his books.
• Quezon City, Philippines
@toniganzon hopefully I'll be able to find a couple of his books in the bookstores in the mall. Most of the time it can take you an hour or two just to find one book in the store. Hahaha
@franxav (4742)
It is difficult to say because I have many favorite authors.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Give at least the top 3 or 5 then. I pretty much like to know people's favorites when it comes to authors. :)
@mlgen1037 (16443)
• Manila, Philippines
I have lots of favorite books but I am unaware of the authors. I look for good plot that I do not bother to look at the author's name.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Care to share those titles? I'm taking notes of books that I can buy the next time I drop by the bookstore.
@mlgen1037 (16443)
• Manila, Philippines
@cedie0808 sure: The Art of Making War How To Win Friends & Influence People The Art of Thinking Clearly David and Goliath Freakonomics Books from Mitch Albom I also like Sidney Sheldon’s books
• Quezon City, Philippines
@mlgen1037 Great titles there! I also love Mitch Alboms' books. He recently released a new book which is a sequel to "The Five People you Meet in Heaven". I think that's the one that I'll buy next. Hehe. Thanks!
@ria1606roy (2688)
• Kolkata, India
Classical writer: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Even in victorian english, he gan get people hooked for generations with the style and flare and plot twists. And I'm not only talking about Sherlock Holmes. Contemporary writer: John Green and Yuval Noah Harari. The former is a fiction author with a catchy unusal writing style. The latter is a human evolutionary historian who puts the status of mankind in perspective in his two bestselling books. Another writer in my vernacular language (Bengali) is Satyajit Ray. The man is the ultimate definition of artist, his literary works matching his songwriting and masterpieces of celluloid.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Oh yeah! I forgot to write about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I've read all of his Sherlock Holmes work when I was young and that's what made me love books and reading. I haven't had the chance to read his other works though. I'll try to search for them.next time. But man, I miss Sherlock and Watson.
• Kolkata, India
@cedie0808 his classical stories are one of the best!
@dodoazo (17383)
Guy de Maupassant, who wrote "A Piece of String." His complete name is Henri Ren Albert Giy de Maupassant, a French author. He's one of the fathers of modern short story.
• Quezon City, Philippines
I've heard of him but I haven't had any chance to read his books. I'll keep that noted for the next time I'll go to the bookstore and make a shopping spree of new books. Hehe.
@dodoazo (17383)
@cedie0808 well. That's better. You will enjoy his short stories especially "The Necklace".
F Scott Fitzgerald who wrote The Great Gatsby.
• Quezon City, Philippines
I also love his books The Great Gatsby and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and other Jazz Age stories.
@Berrygal (2698)
• South Africa
I like Meyer's books there are all inspiration
@id_peace (4777)
Mine is a chinese author.
@morgoodie (951)
I am not sure that I could actually list all my favorite authors but I will try to list a few of them for you. Reading is my favorite pastime and try to do it as much as I can. Harlan Coben Neil Gaiman James Patterson Sir Conan Doyle Agatha Christie Jo Nesbo (Norwegian author of children's books as well as adult crime fiction) Those are all that I can think of right now. Happy book shopping!!
@mohit459 (11489)
• Haldwani, India
I don't have keen interest in reading