Have you ever had to make an appointment for a phone call?

I was supposed to have some furniture delivered to me last Tuesday between 9am and 12pm. The person said she would call me first to make sure I was home. I was up at 9:30am and waited for her call. 12pm came and went but I didnt receive a phone call or my furniture so I called her. She said she did call me...at 8:30am! At that time I was still in bed and my phone turned off! She said 8:30am is when she normally calls to ensure people are home before she delivers. If there is no answer she assumes the person is not home (at that time) and doesn't deliver at all, even though she still has all morning to contact them. She said she would have to wait and deliver this Tuesday, (tomorrow) but that I will have to be up at 8:30am to receive her phone call. (??!) This is the first time I had to make an appointed time to receive a phone call. I'm not impressed that it has to be so early in the morning. :-(
@Freelanzer (8915)
No I never had to. They need to be more flexible when dealing with customers
I finally got my furniture this morning. :-)
@Starmaiden That is good to know. Enjoy it.
@aureliah (16091)
She would at least have called back at around 9AM just to give you a second chance. Now you know that a call would be coming through at 830AM
I agree that she should have called back. @aureliah
@aureliah (16091)
@yanzalong (10151)
Time can be arranged by both parties. I guess you should have decided on the time to deliver it.
It wasnt my choice. It is being delivered for free.
@kepweng (14666)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
it is importanmt to notice
She could of least tried to call you a little bit later too.
When we wait to be delivered they usually call us by 8 in the morning. This makes sense because they must know if to put the items on the truck to be delivered or not. The trucks always start to deliver by 8:30 am. I wonder why she told you she would have called at 9, while she usually do at 8:30.
@Maria24 (2158)
Next time you know lol. But overall I agree that she should have call you again.
@Jessabuma (27884)
• Baguio, Philippines
Well , I never tried that. I never tried to make an appointment through calls. But that girl is annoying .