Having to do it by hand

@LeaPea2417 (21987)
Toccoa, Georgia
For the past couple of days, I have had to wash the dishes by hand because our dish washer completely died. We have had it for around 10 years and I did notice a couple of months ago, that it seemed like it wasn't washing the dishes as good as it had when it was newer. We will be on the lookout for a good deal to replace it. We are not in a big rush to replace it. We want a good brand but we also want a good price. When washing dishes by hand, I realize how many dishes and utensils get used and dirty. It is a never ending chore throughout the day.
Can you do this daily? I have never owned a dish washer, I have always hand washed my dishes.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I am doing it daily now. One way to save money would not to buy a new dishwasher. If we can't find a good deal on one, I just may do without.
@andriaperry I did not replace the dishwasher. I do twice a day, it's not a big deal, we are two.
@Courage7 (15760)
I have a dishwasher but never use it. I do not trust it. I feel better washing by hand.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
If you had a big dinner party, would you use it?
@Courage7 (15760)
@LeaPea2417 No. I am crazy like that.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Courage7 That is fine
@dgobucks226 (13764)
Yes, I agree that hand washing dishes can become non-stop. Especially, the way I eat throughout the day, lol. I have a dishwasher but that can also fill up quickly. Maybe I need to go on a diet
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
When my son is home from college, that is when the dishes really pile up!
@dgobucks226 (13764)
@LeaPea2417 I bet they do! Your son has to make up for not having those home cooks meal while at school, lol.
I can't imagine myself letting the machine wash my dishes. I have my kids to wash the dishes every after meal. And i am grateful for that.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a good chore for the kids.
@LeaPea2417 yes it is. I just tell them to be careful that they might break something.
@cintol (7704)
I used to wash my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, but I have found I would rather just wash them by hand. Its a lot of work but I know they are clean that way
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I do think cleaning them by hand, they get cleaner.
@responsiveme (16816)
I always wash fishes by hand .Of course it helps to have helparound
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, true, good to have help with it.
I never wanted a dishwasher as I thought they'd use a lot of water but now I've got one I wouldn't want to be without it. We have oodles of water here which we catch off the roof so my argument against them doesn't hold water any more - so to speak.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I understand that
Such a good idea to find the best dishwasher at a reasonable price. I do use a dishwasher, but on occasion, I wash the dishes by hand just to avoid filling the dishwasher I do not like emptying that dishwasher when all the dishes are done so I drag out the filling it up a bit.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree. It is a chore when the dishwasher is really loaded, to empty it.
@peavey (16866)
I have never owned a dishwasher and never really wanted one. I am careful, though, to not use more dishes and utensils than necessary. It helps to be mindful of that.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is true.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
I like it better when I wash it by hand.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
My hands have been my dishwashers all my life.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
we wash dishes all the time.No problem in doing so.Do not let my dishes piled up.After we eat every meal.they get wash.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is good.
Ours doesn't wash completely all the time, but they wont replace it. So stuck until they finally decide to switch it out. Hope you find a cheap and good one soon
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Thanks.
@NoorNoor (1183)
We don't have dish washer. I like to wash the dishes by hand.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is good. I don't mind washing a few dishes.
• Uzbekistan
We don't have a dishwasher for a household of two.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That makes sense
@sabtraversa (13331)
If I have to wash the dishes myself, I make sure to use as few pots, dishes and utensils as I can. My mother loves and hates when my father cooks, and the reason she hates is because he'll use tons of items but won't wash any. A cluttered kitchen sink is never a good sight. We never had dish washers.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, right now, I am trying to use as few dishes as possible. I do agree, when my husband cooks, he uses more pots and pans and it is more of a chore to wash them.
Yes, I don't like washing dishes by hand. My dishwasher had not been working well, but we replaced the filter that was all gunked up and now it seems much better.
@LeaPea2417 (21987)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I wish it was only the filter on ours, the other day, when I went to turn it on, nothing happened at all.
I don't have a dishwasher so I have to wash my dishes usually twice day as the sink gets full. I hate doing dishes it is my least favorite chore. I think it's smart your not just rushing right out to buy one but will look for a good deal instead!
@Ronrybs (7392)
• London, England
I'd wanted a dish washing machine, but my kitchen is tiny and there is no where to plumb it in. Maybe one day
@Freelanzer (9499)
I have a dishwasher but there are still some of the larger items I like to wash by hand. When you are used to a dishwasher it is tough to do without it